batmo turbos, fact or hype?

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
whats the word on these things. i read they are good, then i read its hype, now back to good. are they good becuase they are fairly cheap, or do they move some air. i am talking about an s475 cut down to 2.8 with an 87mm exducer. are they a good competitive turbo(i know its no hx60), or should i spend a few bucks more. opinoins please

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
Today we actually tested this we didn't have time to test them all but we did test a double bat and a precision both 75 mm and the precision made about 50 more peak hp and over 100 everywhere else just telling everyone what we saw on the dyno

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
Today we actually tested this we didn't have time to test them all but we did test a double bat and a precision both 75 mm and the precision made about 50 more peak hp and over 100 everywhere else just telling everyone what we saw on the dyno

thats a big difference. thanks for posting. hopefully the spread wouldnt be that much with just one turbo.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I would wonder how it would compare to a lesser turbo than a precision though. The price difference between a precision and a lesser billet turbo at last from Trent is substantial.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
BW w/billet wheel vs. Batmo in the same size would give everyone what they're looking for in a result comparison between the two..they are both about the same but on a BW you can upgrade wheel/cover sizes without buying a whole new charger and both are about half the price of a precision..there's no point in comparing apples to oranges, we need some results of turbos that are close to the same so we can see which one is better and by how much to see if they're even worth it..

mxguy816

Jul 30, 2011
OHIO
it woke my s366 up before my injectors.... i dont have any numbers or anything but i know if definately helped out

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
It's time for that road trip Jerome. Let's just go up and talk right to the turbo builder and see what they have to say. Too bad the precision is so pricey as they really seem to build some power.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
what about spool? that's where everyone says it beats a regular billet wheel..

How can a small turbo like a 66 have such bad spooling that you would need a billet or even batmo wheel? Besides being light weight from being billet cnc cut, I don't think a batmo will spool faster than a regular billet wheel. I could be totally wrong as I don't have experience with either. But the design isnt for 'cutting air' its to help grab it. It will grab and move more air than a standard NASA or whoever design what we call a regular wheel. It grabbing more air makes it seem like it would actually have a harder time spooling, so I guess it could make more peak power but it would have alittle less bottom end. I could be totally off on that theory but to me it makes sense. Please correct me if any of that is wrong, as I said I don't have actual experience with either.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Benltr

Jan 17, 2012
subscribed...

What about in a twin kit? like s475 with stocker...

Batmo on the stocker? Batmo on the s475? Whats most effective? Or maybe billet on the 475...

Hard to tell

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I had a cast 475 over stocker and went to a billet 475 and it definetly Spools quicker and holds peak boost steadier. It was worth the upgrade. I would like to try a bmw in the stocker but not sure if it is worth it

Benltr

Jan 17, 2012
Hi Harbin,

Did you tested it at the track or dyno?

You have almost the same setup i want.

Ben

i read where a guy did one on a stock turbo. lly i believe. he was doing comparisons by track time. the truck actually ran the same but he said the spool up was faster. i heard that it may be worth it on bigger turbos but for factory vane turbo not so much as in more power. may be different with lb7. i won't buy one for a while till i see actually comparisons and dyno sheets.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
How can a small turbo like a 66 have such bad spooling that you would need a billet or even batmo wheel? Besides being light weight from being billet cnc cut, I don't think a batmo will spool faster than a regular billet wheel. I could be totally wrong as I don't have experience with either. But the design isnt for 'cutting air' its to help grab it. It will grab and move more air than a standard NASA or whoever design what we call a regular wheel. It grabbing more air makes it seem like it would actually have a harder time spooling, so I guess it could make more peak power but it would have alittle less bottom end. I could be totally off on that theory but to me it makes sense. Please correct me if any of that is wrong, as I said I don't have actual experience with either.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Where are you getting s366 from? Myself and the OP are talking about an s475 turbo, trying to see what the advantage of a batmo wheel is, everyone compares a cast wheel to a batmo wheel which of course is gonna be better, but what advantages are there from a [75mm batmo and a billet 75mm wheel?]