Balance rates wont show.

_Hammer

Jan 30, 2015
Here's the story, I bought an 02 with a bad motor. Tried to run balance rates with efi live and rates would all sit at same values. All 8 rates out like 6-7 with no fluctuation. It Runs but runs rough, has a miss. did a comp test had 10lbs on number 8. Pulled number 8 ran a bore scope found that it had a chunk of piston missing on the outside of piston exposing ring.

I bought an lb7 from a truck that was in a fire. supposedly ran before the fire. engine is clean no melted metals, tops of injectors arent melted. I plan on tearing it down to bare long block and putting all accessories from my lb7 on it and seeing what I get.

I'd like to figure out how to get a good reading on the injectors I have in the engine with a hole in the piston via efi live instead of paying 25$ an injector to have them tested. Between the two engines I'd like to have a full set of in spec injectors.

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
Checking rates is not exactly a the best way of diagnosing the health of an injector. They need to be bench tested. Especially lb7's. At $200 to have them tested, it's cheap insurance. Do it right.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Have you tried shutting off #8 with the controls and then test balance rates?
Balance rates will go to 0 with an injector shut off. If you have a bad cylinder, or even just balance rates way out there, then they will many times no show up or update. This is just a downfall of the early DELPHI ECM.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Just send them out and have them tested. Or buy a new set from exergy and send these as cores.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

_Hammer

Jan 30, 2015
I have not tried shutting down number 8. I will try that this weekend, but I was trying to avoid the costs of testing 16 injectors. Nor do I want to spend 1800$ on a set