LLY: Bad FICM or shorted Wire

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I had a friend call me last night and said his truck just died driving down the road, it cranks but will not start. So I got him back to shop and start figure it out. It had been throwing U0105, so I started digging. Found that the #1 stud 40a fuse was blow as well as the *1 EDU 25a fuse was blown. Replaced the 40 and the 25 and it keeps blowing the 25s. Next I start looking in all the usual rub spots, haven't found anything. If the FICM isn't plugged in it doesn't blow but I don't know if this means that the FICM is Bad or just without it there is no current. Any help?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I'd check to see if you have a short to ground on your power wires or a short to power on your grounds. If not I say ficm. Could always borrow one from another truck to fully confirm. I remember an lb7 with very similar issues and it was the ficm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Ya, my power to ground pins on the FICM are Ohming lower than it should for a 25amp fuse. Also it's shorted out to the case. How hard are these thinks to fix or repair? I can't find a replacement for under 400$.