Question: Bad bearing collection growing

FrankenMax

Mar 30, 2011
Round mountain NV
Its stated I oficialy have a bad wheel bearing collection I changed the passenger side last night. Now my collection may be small only 4 so fare. But that's cash I would have liked to have spent another way. What the heck happened to rebuildable parts? Is it possible to get just the bearing? If so I'm putting my shop press to work.:thumb:

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Sorry Jake the new timken bearings can not be pulled apart to rebuild. You could have seperated the old style but finding the bearings would have been tough.

You are buying timken, right?!

On the DroidX

FrankenMax

Mar 30, 2011
Round mountain NV
Sorry Jake the new timken bearings can not be pulled apart to rebuild. You could have seperated the old style but finding the bearings would have been tough.

You are buying timken, right?!

On the DroidX
I don't use timken anymore I'm running unit's that are made in Detroit MI. Out of the 4 bad ones I have 2 are timkens the outher 2 are oem units.

racing and pulling beat them up. do you go to the track often?

I don't sled pull at all. I havent ran this truck at the track in just over 2 years. I had only put 5 4x4 launches on that bearing.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
you hit alot of curbs and potholes? odd it's only pass side? and are you settinng axle nut to proper torque?

FrankenMax

Mar 30, 2011
Round mountain NV
you hit alot of curbs and potholes? odd it's only pass side? and are you settinng axle nut to proper torque?

No potholes no curbs no ditches the occasional gavel road. I have replaced each twice now it just happened that it was the passenger sides turn last night. Axle nut was torqued to 155lbs.