Backup cam, anyone mess with these?

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have been looking at backup cams lately and came across a factory rear view mirror out of an 06+ Hummer H2 that has a little monitor that motors out of the side of the mirror when the vehicle is put in reverse. I thought it would be a pretty sweet upgrade but I don't really know jack about them or how to modify it to work in my older truck. Any thoughts? Here are some pics.

Attachments

• STA70620.jpg
    STA70620.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 51
  • STA70621.jpg
    STA70621.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 41
  • STA72614.jpg
    STA72614.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 53

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Once I get a job I will start buying all this stuff I want for my truck. I found some cheapo monitors on ebay and thought about mounting inset in the sun visor or something but this here looks a little more slick. I don't need a bunch of screens in my truck.

I hear ya, been thinking bout a back up cam since i backed into my trailer and broke my trailer plug:mad:

Ya that is what I don't want to happen, I'm tired of guessing as to where I am at.

all I know is the Texas Hiway patrol dont like the kind that mounts across the top of your license plate:eek:

haha why do they not like that? They don't like being watched when they roll up on you?

Glover

Sep 20, 2009
If you haven't bought a GPS yet than buy one with the back up camera feature built right in. You could also buy a head unit with the back up camera plug built right in. They get pretty slick but either way you're looking for a device with a VGA input.

I plan on getting a back up camera and using my GPS to view it. I'm going to mount the camera as high up on the tailgate as possible.