B2725 transfer case code

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
"Service 4wheel drive" message came on today. So i checked codes. The only one it showed is "b2725 active transfer case mode switch fault". Which switch is this? the dash one or something on the tcase? Will i just need to replace the switch or could there be something else wrong?? Thanks! (wasnt sure where to put this so if its in the wrong spot please move it)

Low366Dmax

Pin it to win it
Aug 23, 2013
NH
The switch on the dash has been know to shit the bed. I would start there before you go to the transfer case switch. This popped up on mine a few months ago. I cleared it and has never come up again

Sent from my iPhone

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I had a brainfart and clicked on your other post and replied like a tard. What I was trying to say was I've seen it a few times on used trucks I get in at work and I've always just cleared them and they never came back. There was one once that did but it had other problems.

Clear it and drive it and use 4x4 and see what happens :thumb:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Alrite ill try clearing it. Right now though it does nothing when i press the 4x4 button. no light or anything

i haven't tried it on a Chevy but on the stupid toyota's i work on you can jump the switch either at the t-case or the front diff, your 3 options are bad dash switch, bad t-case sensor, or bad front diff actuator but most of the time if the front diff actuator is bad the light will flash and it will not want to go into 4hi, but you said you have no lights or anything. so after checking fuses and all related wiring your next step might be the dash switch.

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
Okay guys, i got the code cleared and it popped back up about right away. Also the 4wd fuse is good. Where do i go from here? I cant really bring it to a mechanic shop because i use it all day for work. This thing is useless in the dirt considering i already get stuck a lot in 4x4 :spit: Im thinking its the dash switch? I need to check wiring stuff again though

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
cant say for sure its the dash switch as i am not there to see it but if it helps iv'e replaced a bunch of them over the years at work. as long as all your fuses and wiring are good you have to make the decision to go ahead and replace the switch.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
just your typical dash fuses and also check power outlets fuses and cig fuse.

last time i priced one out at the dealer it was like 50-75 bucks :( rockauto has one for $50 :thumb:

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
Pretty sure its the switch. I was messing with it and it felt like the 2x buttom was jammed in so i pried it out an then i pressed 4x and it kicked in. But now you have to press either button a bunch of times before it does anything. Like no light on the buttom im pressing or any thing and then all of a sudden it works perfect. so ill get a switch and see if that does it.