LBZ: ATI damper seems to small? Honing needed?

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
When I did mine I disassembled it and put the hub on an electric hotplate on high for about 10 min and picked it up with welding gloves and it slipped rite on to the limit , then I put a wet towel around the hub to cool it down so it would not hurt the seal , it worked great ! I learned that from Isaac G , BUY THE WAY ON MY SOCAL KIT THE 3 BOLTS ARE JUST TO REMOVE THE DAMPER , NOT PUT IT ON ! GOOD LUCK !

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Thanks guys

I had my machine shop take a few thousands out of my hub lol. Was tired of fighting with it. Takes a little pressure to take it on and off now, but with a keyed crank, not worried about being such a tight fit

Trust me I’m thinking about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
when I had my crank balanced, he had to hone the hub to have the proper amount of press, it was too much out of the box.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Does the studs on the water pump need sealant? When I pulled it out I I noticed there was some on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Does the studs on the water pump need sealant? When I pulled it out I I noticed there was some on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
No, the rtv seals between the block and timing cover. It squeezes onto the stud when you tighten the cover down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk