Anything new?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
It doesn't look like a head to me. Maybe just have opposite injector banks so the same head can be fitted up with each cylinder bank. The valve spots look funny too. That's why I don't think its a head, unless its in the very first stages of development and its "prototype" for both left and right side.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It doesn't look like a head to me. Maybe just have opposite injector banks so the same head can be fitted up with each cylinder bank. The valve spots look funny too. That's why I don't think its a head, unless its in the very first stages of development and its "prototype" for both left and right side.

Maybe I'm misreading, but stock heads can be swapped side to side. You just have to move the freeze plugs for the coolant crossover/thermostat housing.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
thinking about it, I guess I'm wrong. If you twist it around the engine they could, for some reason (probably just trying to get a better arguement) I was saying in my head like bring the head over the engine without turning it around. That way the injectors would be the correct way... Idk dumb. But heres the pic, I still dont think its a head. why would they have 8 injectors? What engine would that fit?? The "head" looks like its 3/4" wider than it would need to be. Where are the head bolt holes, and where are the valve holes? There "cut outs" are right in the way of the valves.
fpe head thing.jpgfpe head thing 2.jpg

Attachments

• fpe head thing.jpg
    fpe head thing.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 173
  • fpe head thing 2.jpg
    fpe head thing 2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 174

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
With 8 injectors it would sure be a lot easier to run massive amounts of fuel into the motor. What are you running? 2-100 percent over injectors:)

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
thinking about it, I guess I'm wrong. If you twist it around the engine they could, for some reason (probably just trying to get a better arguement) I was saying in my head like bring the head over the engine without turning it around. That way the injectors would be the correct way... Idk dumb. But heres the pic, I still dont think its a head. why would they have 8 injectors? What engine would that fit?? The "head" looks like its 3/4" wider than it would need to be. Where are the head bolt holes, and where are the valve holes? There "cut outs" are right in the way of the valves.
View attachment 27233View attachment 27234

I have seen a few sets of LSX heads with twin injectors setups.

Why not for a Duramax? You would be able to run smaller nozzles get better at atomization.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just would seem very very difficult to get the spray angle correct.

I agree it would. But ( no I ain't no cheerleader ) Brayden just blows me away with the shit he knows and comes up with. It takes time for the product to come to market but when it does you see that it was worth the wait.

I still remember when he pulled up to me with his LLY in Indy because he saw my DTT tranny sticker:eek: He asked a few questions. That's when I saw him with this little piece of plywood about a sq.ft. With a bunch of resistors and knobs and stuff. That was the first prototype of the TurboBrake I believe.

Nick

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
jmo but having 2 sets of injectors would be awesome!
id have a set of 350 overs and 1set of stock.

excellent for spooling and excellent for power

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Not trying to argue.
Why would you need 2 injectors per cylinder?
What is the gain?

That's what I was wondering. If yours gonna do a custom head for crazy injector stuff, why not just change the injectors? Like run a big john deere injector or the like. Fueling the not enough fuel through an injector at big rpm isn't the injectors fault either, its the pump too. big mechanical injection with big injectors would be better.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Not trying to argue.
Why would you need 2 injectors per cylinder?
What is the gain?

Todd

Iam no expert tuner but I cant imagine trying to spool a turbo with 350 over injectors.

However I dont even know it would be possible to have 2 different size injector or how you controll each set?

just some thing I have thought about

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
I think the issue would be keeping the bottom end together after you figured out all the rest. I like thinking outside the box though. Will reserve my comments for hp/weight/ cost factors of an aftermarket head, if that's indeed what it is ;)

To steal from Jon: what do I know? :D