Anyone work in Oil/CDL?

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
My sister in law works for Haliburton and said they are always looking for people with a CDL to work out in Ft Lupton CO (about 50 mins from me). Anyone know anything about what I would be doing? Im looking at driving for a farming operation for a while so I can get my CDL. Curious what you guys think who have done similar stuff.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

thneill

Whered all my $ go
Aug 23, 2011
East Texas
Im not from that area as i work in Texas but you dont use the CDL much. At least the crews around here dont. You need a CDL to get equipment to/from location.

If you get in on the production enhancement side you would be rigging up/down and learning to run equipment. Work 12 hour shifts and usually stay in hotel for the duration of your time at work.

I doubt it would be too much different if you were to get into another PSL.

Shifts vary around here from 6 and 3 (6 days on/3 days off) to 14 and 7.

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
I have been considering this myself something i always wanted to get involved with. Mre towards the rigging and getting my crane license but usually requires cdl also. if anyone know about this or is a crane operator if you can send me a pm thanks. Sry not trying to steal the thread but figured to tag in here.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Oil field guys are of a certain breed and that works not for everyone. Never do it myself, but I have done a lot of environmental and industrial work right beside them.

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Worked in the oil fields of North Dakota for a few years for a casing company. Loved it. Great pay & in that town anyone with a CDL can get a job. All sorts of opportunities to make a ton of money in that industry

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Myself and a partner just started our own rig moving company 6 months ago, after 15 years of working for the man..were out of Greeley co. I'm 3rd generation oilfield. Its been good to me so far:thumb:

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
I have been considering this myself something i always wanted to get involved with. Mre towards the rigging and getting my crane license but usually requires cdl also. if anyone know about this or is a crane operator if you can send me a pm thanks. Sry not trying to steal the thread but figured to tag in here.

I've got a ton of contacts for several crane companies we use..depending on where your looking to work..there all in Colorado.