Anyone messed with anti roll bar?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
We are throwing one on the zf truck but wanted a separate thread for any experience with this setup. Seems auto trucks launch smooth enough to not need it. I may not either but cant hurt other than weight wise. This is our setup all done by Jake at straightline.
picture.php

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
whats your thought in needing it? can you not make the necessary shock/suspension preload adjustments to get a straight launch? 2wd's usually need it due to suspension setup that can cause the torquing of the body.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
On the rear of a hard launching vehicle with a 4 link it is a must. It will help keep the car from twisting. Most mount the bar on the chassis and use struts down to the housing though.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
On the rear of a hard launching vehicle with a 4 link it is a must. It will help keep the car from twisting. Most mount the bar on the chassis and use struts down to the housing though.

Yeah we seen a racing rear end setup flipped like this one so that's the route we went, as far as the main tube being solid to the rear end. Mainly trying to keep twist to a minimum to keep traction as equal as we can. The rear of this truck is super soft being only on the top spring and the next spring down is like a 2/3 spring we cut down. We still plan to run the caltracs with this setup, and it might be nitty gritty but any twist we can get rid of should push us forward instead. Mainly just playing with it since we built this we didn't fork out a bunch of money so worth a try in our eyes.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
You need to get the leafs off of there and put some coilovers on vertical mounts.

Yeah I know we still on torsion bars also lmao. I think we are gonna have a good year, slightly more solid engine and actually doing some suspension work. If we could build our own coil overs they would have been on there already.:roflmao:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I think it'll help a bunch. I installed one on my El Camino and it made a huge difference. I never did get around to it on the race truck.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I think it'll help a bunch. I installed one on my El Camino and it made a huge difference. I never did get around to it on the race truck.

I hope it does, glad to hear. I'm sure on a 2wd it might help more than 4x4. But I'm hoping it helps keep the front traction even.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Got it all on and links done. It's close to the ground 4.5" but shouldn't be an issue it is just a track truck. Should be getting a front end alignment soon after putting on the straight centerlink, also reinstalled the front sway bar with aluminum block frame mounts instead of squishy rubber. Mainly because I lost the factory straps so Jake whipped up some hold down blocks for me. Should be doing a few test launches soon. Shortened the caltrac bars about an inch because they were to long for the bottom holes and had to much preload last year, we went to the next hole up and it never hooked the same so back down to the bottom now. Cant wait quite a few suspensions changes and boost launching will be interesting.:hug: