Anyone else waiting on the ATF?

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
Had my form 4 submitted 4/28 with a trust for a SilencerCo Saker K,

reading silencer shops posted ATF wait times, it jumps all over, individual 4's was ahead of trusts

Got the trust to make it easy on the wife if anything ever happens to me all my NFA stuff should not be an issue, and the shorter wait times, and other stuff that goes with it is nice, but at the moment its anyone's guess who's paperwork the ATF is deciding to do

Initial purchase date was 3/6, form 3 submitted 3/9

Anyone else in the same boat?

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
When i bought my suppressor back in November of 2012, they said they didn't care if you had a trust or not, wait time is the same. They were sure quick to cash my $200 check though.

Initial purchase was mid November, had all my papers submitted and mailed off 1st week of december, they cashed my check 3 days later and tossed my papers in the "to do" stack. Last week of august 2013 I got to take my suppressor home. I've heard rumor that wait times were down to approximately 4 months as of late but that doesn't seem to be the case. From what I am being told, there is literally only 7 people over at the ATF who approve the paperwork.

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
When i bought my suppressor back in November of 2012, they said they didn't care if you had a trust or not, wait time is the same. They were sure quick to cash my $200 check though.

Initial purchase was mid November, had all my papers submitted and mailed off 1st week of december, they cashed my check 3 days later and tossed my papers in the "to do" stack. Last week of august 2013 I got to take my suppressor home. I've heard rumor that wait times were down to approximately 4 months as of late but that doesn't seem to be the case. From what I am being told, there is literally only 7 people over at the ATF who approve the paperwork.

7? Wow. Yeah they are super quick to cash that check

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012

I've heard of people waiting over a year, from what I was told under a year is quick. I heard the same "4mo turn time" rumor, but not heard of anyone actually attaining a suppressor that quick. I frequent the firing range and shop fairly often...I don't wanna think about all the truck parts I "coulda" had if I had never walked thru those doors...

:rolleyes:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I've made quite a few rash decisions while at gun shops. My wife told me im not allowed anymore...I am ok with that lol

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Form 4's seem to be all over with wait time, and it sucks you cant efile them yet. You may be waiting around eight months. Hopefully by the end of the year form 4's will be able to be efiled, and the longest I've seen an efile take was just over 90 days. Hope you get it soon.

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
Form 4's seem to be all over with wait time, and it sucks you cant efile them yet. You may be waiting around eight months. Hopefully by the end of the year form 4's will be able to be efiled, and the longest I've seen an efile take was just over 90 days. Hope you get it soon.

Yeah, the form 4 E file would be nice, like you said, the guys using e file form 1's are getting crazy short wait times.

My paper form 1 took 7 months

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Yea jake, I'd look into that. Any NFA item requires a stamp.

I'd rather be pulled over with a trunk full of cocaine and a dead body than get caught with illegal firearms/accesories.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA