anybody tried a fuel tank sump??

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
so next on my list of parts to get is a airdog 165 and was looking at the tank sump kits anybody tried them i saw xdp and beans sell them but they look like the same prouduct any way just wondeing if there worth cutting a hole in the fuel tank or not btw i dont offroad my dmaxs so ground clearnce isnt a issue let me know what u guys think

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Im going to do a alligator sump. Not sure if there needed or not but Im going to upgrade my supply fuel line to the cp3's, this will make it easier.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I have wondered this also.I was told you dont want to pump over 15 psi or you will get a code but some of the gm trucks in ealy 90s had 12 psi intank fuel pumps.

I think someone said the d max vans have intank lift pumps IIRC

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
The vans have a pump on the frame rail.

On the LB7 trucks typically 8-10 psi is MAX. I'm running about 20 on my 05. But i'm not running through the FICM. The 06+ trucks can run 10-25 psi no problem.

A sump is a great idea imo, it will guarantee every drop of fuel from the tank and ensure you never suck it dry. The Beans and XDP sump look similar but they are 2 different units. Both have no tank drop installs, but they are made by different people.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
looks like i will have to experiment and see if its worth it i like the idea of it just would hate for the dam thing to start leaking or something stupid like that

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I run 1 of sikdmax's sumps. Works great never have had a problem and easy to install

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Glad to hear 05.

Sure is funny to see everyone copy the sump I redesigned based from the Hellman principle and brought it to the Duramax world as soon as I disappeared for a bit. Just found out about XDPs today and am pissed - then I see there are like 10 others out there too now.