Antifreeze & Capacity?

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Dump lower coolant line into bucket. Once its done draining, reconnect hose, fill with water and drive till up to operating temp. Repeat process 2 more times till only water comes out.

GM calls for dexcool, but some ppl switch to green. Just dpnt mix the 2 or its sludge city.

Dirtbikindad393

Nov 2, 2008
Moorpark, CA
We have many people running Amsoil coolant. Warranted for 750k miles. It comes full strength concentrated so it has to be cut down to 50/50. The good news is you only have to have 3 gallons shipped.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I thought the green shit ate away our aluminum? or seals? :confused:

I was told that Dex has rust inhibitors. Then again I know of a GM tech who is a member here and he runs Green stuff with no issues in his LB7. Interesting topic though and I'm curious to hear what others think. I'm open minded on this one

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
Done it enough times, i dont even get it on myself anymore... :D
'splain please Wes...
Take the freakin' fender liner out and snake your arm in there to get at the clip that you're gonna lose on the floor (driveway, gravel, asphalt, etc.) skin the hell out of your knuckles while trying to get the hose off and then sploosh the shit everywhere. Put it all back together, fill it with water and do the whole thing over except this time it'll be HOT enough to burn you... YIKES! Is that how it goes?:rofl: