Another recon cab light disaster!

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Well within the last month we've received a crap load of rain. Went out to the truck one day to find a puddle of water on the floor and dripping from overhead console. Well seen it was coming from one of the screws I took it out and put seal all stuff in there and thought all was well. Boy was I wrong! Went to move the truck today and just a huge puddle on the floor and on the dash looked up at the lights and of course all full of moisture inside the housings and found a huge crack on the side just allowing water to flow right in! So that's it I've had it with these shitty quality made products. I purchased the truck with them on and had to replace them once due to prettyuch the same thing so its time to rip them off and have the roof plugged and repainted. Sucks cause I love the cab light look but deff not worth the thousands of dollars its gonna do when it shorts the truck all out. My question is has anyone here done this? And if so what kind of pricing we looking at? Thanks.:mad:

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Man that sucks. Mine leak too. They were good for a long time then one day out of now where the console was full of water splashing all over me as I rushed to work. They r complete junk. I wonder if the new style would work on the classics?

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
I had to pull mine and reseal them w silicone and they've been good ever since, I'm not impressed with the quality but smoked lights on a white truck look so good. Plus my girlfriend bought them for me ;)

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
yeah i know i love the look, always have, but yeah recons are complete shit! Ive been through 3 sets of the smoked tailgate bars due to the lights burning out and of course they dont stick behind them. But yeah when we put the replacement ones on the last time we sealed them up really good and that was about 3 years ago so would rather seal back up the roof and call it a day. Cant afford a flood insurance claim when the trucks not even close to the river haha

squeaky3

Jan 20, 2013
Pontiac, IL
I have a problem with the recon lights on my truck too, I love the look of them though, they were sealed up with alot of silicone when I got my truck, but I have had to reseal the entire center light and i think its cracked because there is some moisture/water in it and if it rains just right it still leaks

Detroit Muscle

Mar 22, 2013
I've had these before on an F350 and had no problems.. but reading this is making me nervous about ordering a set to replace my stock ambers on my LB7..

Does anyone know of a different brand that makes the smoked cab lights w/ LEDs???

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
pacer perormance in another brannd and when i call them they said there was made in the same factory in china as the factory LML LED cab lights and sure and shit when i looked at the ones on my dads LML they say made in china on them. i bought a smoked set of LED lights and just haven put them on yet. so if your wanting a set of the LED lights might be a good time to upgrade.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ppp-20-253s/overview/

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
There were recon cab lights on my truck when I bought it and I went through the same deal, was not happy lol Bought a set of smoked Pacers off of ebay for less than the recons and have had no issues. They are a factory style cab light which I like much better than the recons

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Yeah i looked at the pacers last night and they seem more expensive???? I was thinking about upgrading to the newer slim line style but can only imagine what hell ill go through trying to hide all the original owners mistakes when they put them on!:mad:

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
pacer perormance in another brannd and when i call them they said there was made in the same factory in china as the factory LML LED cab lights and sure and shit when i looked at the ones on my dads LML they say made in china on them. i bought a smoked set of LED lights and just haven put them on yet. so if your wanting a set of the LED lights might be a good time to upgrade.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ppp-20-253s/overview/

can anyone running these pacers post a pic up for me? thanks guys

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
I want cab lights on mine but I sure dont want them problems.. I like the look of them tho ^^
I've installed cab lights on new trucks at work and the new style lights seem to be easier to seal because they have less screws and the base of them has a large foam seal. Just make sure you buy quality lights:thumb:

kirkland

Apr 7, 2013
Oklahoma
I've installed cab lights on new trucks at work and the new style lights seem to be easier to seal because they have less screws and the base of them has a large foam seal. Just make sure you buy quality lights:thumb:

Thanks for the heads up, I might do it then.. well have someone else do it lol cause there's no way I could put a hole in it

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Same size as recons? They are exactly like factory lights with 3 center and 1 outer bulb. Mine are regular bulbs but you can get them with leds also

kirkland

Apr 7, 2013
Oklahoma
are these the leds that run all the way across or are they only 3 lights in the middle and 1 in each side light?

I was wondering the same thing.. I just noticed his picture by his name but I can't make it any bigger cause I'm on my phone but its 3 lights in the middle