another lbz and p0087

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
so I have a truck 2007 lbz 6'' lift 35'' Toyo m/ts and 22'' rims cc/sb guy was popping low rail codes with a bully dog when he had it on performance or when towing. So he wants me to put a fass on, so I install one all is good then it starts doing it again but only when towing so I have him come over I log it actual and desired were perfect with each other with no trailer so I was stumped told him to come back with trailer.

He shows up without it again says he wants a dsp 5 so I do that hes goes gets the trailer log it desired goes to 26k and actual hit 26.5k then dropped to around 11k so I said its popping the valve. logged it without trailer rail hit 26 and didn't pop. He decides he wants to install the race valve himself then leaves town was supposedly fine...... Now he says its popping the code all the time and his mpg are around 10mpg :doh: hes bringing it in im going to make sure he torqued it properly(he claims he tq it to 55ftlbs) then see it still does it if it still does whats next a return test on the injectors? The fass pump is pushing 9-12psi to the cp3 only has around 1k miles on it. This is the first lbz I've had some many issues with getting this cured :mad: usually race valve and lift pump has cured it.

Also factory fuel filter is bypassed so leaky filter head is not a issue

Mar 13, 2012
Bham, AL
I have a 2006 LBZ with 35" tires and a edge juice with attitude and a airdog 2 the truck has 130,000 miles. Before the airdog it would throw low fuel rail pressure all of the time, the pump helped a lot. Now when on the interstate and I ease down on the gas to make it up a hill and gain speed it will throw the code. I do not have a race valve. What is the valve and will it help?

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
I have a 2006 LBZ with 35" tires and a edge juice with attitude and a airdog 2 the truck has 130,000 miles. Before the airdog it would throw low fuel rail pressure all of the time, the pump helped a lot. Now when on the interstate and I ease down on the gas to make it up a hill and gain speed it will throw the code. I do not have a race valve. What is the valve and will it help?

theres the race valve which plugs the relief completely off so it cant pop open or you can shim it so it takes more pressure to pop personally I just do the valve

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
I just replaced injectors in an lbz, due to high return rates causing low rail pressure

Sent from my GT-I9300

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I just replaced injectors in an lbz, due to high return rates causing low rail pressure

Sent from my GT-I9300

This could be the cause.
Or a hose is coming apart and restricting flow. Do a bottle test to see if it's injectors.
I will never install a race valve again. I had nothing but trouble with mine and it was tight tight. Just shim them. Cheap easy and work just as well.
IMO the race valve is only worth it if it's going in the PPE fuel rail as well.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
This could be the cause.
Or a hose is coming apart and restricting flow. Do a bottle test to see if it's injectors.
I will never install a race valve again. I had nothing but trouble with mine and it was tight tight. Just shim them. Cheap easy and work just as well.
IMO the race valve is only worth it if it's going in the PPE fuel rail as well.

I have only had one race valve give me grief switched it out all was good, and ill check his lines again. Anyone have the return rate test procedure and how much fuel is being returned is to much

blue8135

Diesel Addict
Dec 12, 2010
East Texas
I built a cheap "test bench". The hose slides in the return on the injector. Fill the hose 1st. Unhook injector bales. Crank for 15seconds. Measure the liquid in container. Have to double check the numbers for excessive return

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375622041501.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375622041501.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 34

blue8135

Diesel Addict
Dec 12, 2010
East Texas
5ml/injector..20ml/bank. I have the page bookmarked on computer but the sever went down or something. I'll post link when it comes back up

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
5ml/injector..20ml/bank. I have the page bookmarked on computer but the sever went down or something. I'll post link when it comes back up

Thought that the newer trucks had a lower spec than the LB7's. LB7 specs out at 4 ML per injector, or 12 ML per bank IIRC. And don't forget the 20 ML from the CP3.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ya know...maybe there is something to that whole reprogramming injectors thing....:confused:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
You gettin this right around 95-105 mph around the end? That's when I'm gettin mine, even with the airdog turned up.

Not sure. My IAT sensor was missing so my engine light was on already. Just replaced sensor so next weekend I will know when the code hits it will turn on MIL