AN fittings for my turbo

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
On the Garrett turbos the brass fittings for the water lines are they specially made for the turbo. Can I put AN on instead to make it look cleaner? The inner diameter of the fitting is small so I dont know if I can just change it out.
Also for the oil drain I heard someone makes a fitting so I can use hose instead of the drain tube????

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
The fittings are usually a -6AN to 1/4NPT. Some have used -4AN to 1/4NPT (I think these are a liite small though). This should thread right in. Yes, there is a screw on drane adapter for them. I don't know who makes them, but I've seen them on ebay. I belive they ar -12AN (however -10AN should do fine).

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
If you can use the oil drain without leaks use it it is very good IMO low restriction
hose makes you reduce the ID for the most part

I dont think garret makes there own style thread? so any style AN to npt should work try and keep it big as possible JMHO

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
If you can use the oil drain without leaks use it it is very good IMO low restriction
hose makes you reduce the ID for the most part

I dont think garret makes there own style thread? so any style AN to npt should work try and keep it big as possible JMHO

You're talking about the drain right? I am trying to get rid of the drain tube so I dont have pull the pedastal when I pull my turbo. I can snake a hose out from under the pedestal better then a solid tube.
On the water fittings the hole is at least 1/4" bigger then the stock fittings. Theyre not NPT they're metric

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
i scuffed out into my garage and kicked your tire. it should run better now. simon didnt you use the braided ss with adapters for your oil drain on abby?

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
You're talking about the drain right? I am trying to get rid of the drain tube so I dont have pull the pedastal when I pull my turbo. I can snake a hose out from under the pedestal better then a solid tube.
On the water fittings the hole is at least 1/4" bigger then the stock fittings. Theyre not NPT they're metric

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10002_10019_-1_10267

Poke around in hear a little bit... you'll find what you need. Check Earls specialty stuff at the bottom of the link page i gave you AN to Metric, AN to NPT etc.

Good luck Man.

EDIT: if you wanna drain the oil with a hose (perhaps i am mistaken in interpreting your post) you need some very special hose, low tension/compression for bending, super high exterior temp, low wall thickness and enough to withstand oil post turbo... just a heads up.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
anytime. wheres simon when we need him. someone put a link up for that stuff.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
The fittings are usually a -6AN to 1/4NPT. Some have used -4AN to 1/4NPT (I think these are a liite small though). This should thread right in. Yes, there is a screw on drane adapter for them. I don't know who makes them, but I've seen them on ebay. I belive they ar -12AN (however -10AN should do fine).

OOPPSS! I thought he was talking about the oil line feed. DOOHH!!

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
OOPPSS! I thought he was talking about the oil line feed. DOOHH!!

I think i thought i thought he was to? :)

The more fittings i need the more i like the local Parker store (steel, o-ring, AN 4 to 20, swiveling 180 adapters) for the wierd stuff, I take in what i have and we always seem to come up with something better... helps i bring him lunch and offer free beer...

Good luck with the reroute.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

There is a few options, I used a braided hose with heat wrap around it but i dont like it! the NPT to AN 90* fitting that i have that comes off the rear adapter plate sits too high and touches the up pipes.
I am going to use a peice of 2 inch long SS tubing with a swedgelok 90* instead and then use the hose for the rest up to the turbo.Also easy to hook up for fast turbo swaping:D

Coolant lines i would get coolant from another spot too. Tap into somewhere else JMO:)

If you have troubles with finding the fittings, I could help ya out.

i scuffed out into my garage and kicked your tire. it should run better now. simon didnt you use the braided ss with adapters for your oil drain on abby?
yes I did
I seen Nick duramax tuner used a flex pipe...there are options

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10002_10019_-1_10267

Poke around in hear a little bit... you'll find what you need. Check Earls specialty stuff at the bottom of the link page i gave you AN to Metric, AN to NPT etc.

Good luck Man.

EDIT: if you wanna drain the oil with a hose (perhaps i am mistaken in interpreting your post) you need some very special hose, low tension/compression for bending, super high exterior temp, low wall thickness and enough to withstand oil post turbo... just a heads up.

X2

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
I appreciate all your help. I'll see what I can do. I am in the process of figuring another spot to put my check valve on the coolant pipe so I can run a better intake.

So you think bigger will be okay on the coolant fittings?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
ok i kicked your new wheels. should run really good now. probably low 10s :rofl:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I appreciate all your help. I'll see what I can do. I am in the process of figuring another spot to put my check valve on the coolant pipe so I can run a better intake.

So you think bigger will be okay on the coolant fittings?

going bigger is better than smaller IMO