amateur question,,,lb7 to lbz wiring

Slick03Max

Mar 17, 2017
Ontario
Hey guys,,,i searched and have been scratching my head and am kind of embarrassed to have to ask a few questions,,,im sure they've been covered or are rather simple,,,so here it goes!!!!

Swapping an lbz into an 03.
On the body side c100 plug,,,
-When you move C to N,, is the wire that's already in the N port not used??

-When moving M to R ,,,,there are 2 "R" ports according to the chart in the lb7 to lbz thread that RPM Motorsports started,,,(unless I'm reading it wrong,,,eyes are getting questionable) Which one of the R ports is to be used and what happens to the wire that's already in that port??

Another issue ive stumbled across,,,is with the black engine connector,,,the big one which I'm pretty sure is C2 fuse block!!

This engine harness that came with this LBZ had been messed with before. I was told that this engine was swapped into an 03 chassis before and wondering about a few things that ive found!!

On port F8 someone has soldered 2 orange wires together from the engine harness,,,not sure if that is correct of not!!

On port E6 Someone has soldered to pink wires together and am not sure about that either!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! This is a bit of a body off resto I'm doing on my truck. Had the cab and box pulled,,sandblasted and painted the frame,,,all new fuel lines,,body mounts etc etc etc,,,and more etc!!!

Last edited: