allison transmission Codes P0729, P0735, P02723

greenduramax

Feb 18, 2015
Burnt oil is not normal. Even if the fluid is still reddish doesn't mean it's still doing its job. That's why I change mine every 25-30k instead of 50k like the manual says, esp. If your running a "chip" or running larger tires or towing a lot

Ok...see gmc place said its normal wear along with shavings! Ive also been told an injector could do it. I dnt knw who knws what and who just thinks they do. Been told its fine its the chip or tune or whatever u want to call it. Im just trying to get a real answer

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok...see gmc place said its normal wear along with shavings! Ive also been told an injector could do it. I dnt knw who knws what and who just thinks they do. Been told its fine its the chip or tune or whatever u want to call it. Im just trying to get a real answer

You really need to quit deleting your old post and posting new posts.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Plus why did you revive a four year old thread?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I understand you were frustrated before even coming here for answers. My suggestion to you would be to go back through and read Mike L's posts carefully, he knows what he is talking about. He explained everything that could cause the code you have then by process of elimination narrowed it down to burn clutch packs and explained why.

greenduramax

Feb 18, 2015
Some where down the line you are going to have to believe some one.

Im not saying i dnt believe you. You need to work on your ppl skills. I am a girl and i am already frustrated with my truck all i was looking for was an answer cause i have been told sooo many diff things from diff ppl

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Superchips answers it all. I ran one for a week, I had never limped my trans til I used it, it has a super picky trans protection. Put a different chip in or efi and I bet it won't limp for a while til it's hurt worse. They make the trans lol at a real low slip %

greenduramax

Feb 18, 2015
Superchips answers it all. I ran one for a week, I had never limped my trans til I used it, it has a super picky trans protection. Put a different chip in or efi and I bet it won't limp for a while til it's hurt worse. They make the trans lol at a real low slip %[/QUOTE

Thank you! Also is is worth it to rebuild or just buy a new one and i knw they r staged...whats the best i shld go with. I pull alot of trailers cattle horse so keep that in mind

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Im not saying i dnt believe you. You need to work on your ppl skills. I am a girl and i am already frustrated with my truck all i was looking for was an answer cause i have been told sooo many diff things from diff ppl
So I'm being lectured about my people skills by a girl that calls people dicks? Go figure.:rolleyes:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT

Before you go doubting Mike and calling him out you should look up who that is. One of the best Allison builders in the county. He knows more about it than the guys that made it.

We're trying to help, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Please, throw that superchip as far as possible.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk