allison trans questions

fbfootball

Jan 29, 2011
i have a 01 8.1l and a allison behind it i was wondering whats the diff between this one and the dmax allison. bc i plan on puling my motor an put a cummins in front of it with a stand alone controller, an i need to know if the trans will need a up graded tc an a trans-go shift kit thanks for any info.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Torque converter is differrent from the gas to diesel model. If going with a CUMMINS I would go with a low stall TRANSTAR single disc if your going easy on the power, or go with a PI triple disc if going big. Also at the minimum install a TRANSGO shift kit in your trans while your doing the swap, and eliminate the pressure knock down.

MaxPF

JAFAWAM
Jan 12, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Torque converter is differrent from the gas to diesel model. If going with a CUMMINS I would go with a low stall TRANSTAR single disc if your going easy on the power, or go with a PI triple disc if going big. Also at the minimum install a TRANSGO shift kit in your trans while your doing the swap, and eliminate the pressure knock down.

You realize he probably has no clue what the pressure knockdown is, right? :rofl: