Allison 5 speed trans help please

01duramx

Oct 20, 2013
Texas
Latest took all performance parts out of valve body and put stock parts back in truck shifts through gears on lift put it on the ground and shifts from first to second then sticks. It is not throwing any codes at all. I talk to a trans guy and he thinks that I have a dirty pump or the pump is not supplying enough pressure. We thought it was throwing codes and having issuse because it had to much pressure. He said that you can't put to much pressure. So the next step is take the trans back out pull all parts back out reassemble and put a new pump in I'm not sure if that will work but I have run out of money and other options. If any one has any ideas or testimonials I would greatly appreciate it this truck being down has killed my finances and it's my only vehicle thanks and god bless.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Pull it apart. Sounds like you may have torn an apply piston during assembly. Or put it in backwards.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

01duramx

Oct 20, 2013
Texas
My truck is in Terrell tx. We will see about the apply piston I am going down to the shop tomorrow to help the guy take it out he's older gentlemen and his helpers want 500.00 to pull it back out.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
You need to save yourself a lot of time and money by getting your transmission to someone who knows what they are doing. This will be your best fix. Texas is a big state with plenty of qualified help. Trying to fix this problem on the INTERNET isn't going to happen IMO

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
I think your c1 clutches are stacked wrong so that on the lift with no resistance it will hold but on the ground there is enough to slip the clutches. I think they might be upside down or in an improper sequence or your c1 piston could be defective as said above

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You need to save yourself a lot of time and money by getting your transmission to someone who knows what they are doing. This will be your best fix. Texas is a big state with plenty of qualified help. Trying to fix this problem on the INTERNET isn't going to happen IMO

agreed

01duramx

Oct 20, 2013
Texas
JoshH I thought I did and if I had anymore money I would take it to somewhere else but so far with parts and labor I am in this tranny for 4500. And I have no money to take it to somebody else. And the guy I took it to does not have the money to give me my money back. And no one is going to work on my trans nor would I expect them too. I don't even know what a reputable person would charge me to fix my problem. So I am trying to make the best of the cards I have been dealt. That's all I know to do. I was in able to get to pull trans today so should be doing it tomorrow. And I will make him check the sequence of c1.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
My truck is in Terrell tx. We will see about the apply piston I am going down to the shop tomorrow to help the guy take it out he's older gentlemen and his helpers want 500.00 to pull it back out.
I'm not too far down the road. I'm in Van just on the other side of Canton from you. If you can get your truck to me, I'd be happy to take a look at it for free and see if I can figure out what is going on. We can then go from there on what it would take to fix it if that's what you would like to do. If that is something you're interested in, PM me and we can work something out.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
That's a helpful offer for sure ^! I'd take him up on it. I really do think you are currently dealing with some guys who are not very knowledgeable on the Alli. If they continue to fail you, you may have no choice anyway but to find help elsewhere.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
DEFINATELY take Josh up on his offer. Thats awesome he offered his help! Could be something simple and won't cost much nonetheless I'm positive he'll be fair with you for expert advice! :thumb:

Best yet drop ofF the transmission since it's out!

01duramx

Oct 20, 2013
Texas
If you are willing to help me joshH I will get the truck on a trailer and bring it to you. I do appreciate your help and yes I think these guys are clueless and I need to get the truck back on the road so I can get back to making a living.

01duramx

Oct 20, 2013
Texas
Ok update josh was awesome I recommend top notch garage. He fixed this disaster it was a long 2 weeks but picked my truck up fri and so far so good. Thanks everyone for the input and help.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The reason it wouldn't shift out of first is because the clearance on the C4 clutch was way too big, but there were lots of other problems with the build. Some more serious than others. The clearances on C2 and C3 were also not right, but the biggest problem, other than the C4 clearance, was the cracked P2-P3 sun gear spacer. Thanks to Mike L. for sending me a replacement spacer. The spacers have been redesigned since 2001, and they require a new P2 sun gear when replaced. Luckily Mike had an old style spacer sitting on the shelf he supplied me.

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
thanks for posting the fix. thats why you buy kits from reliable sources and not ebay. i did a 4r100 with an ebay kit the owner bought. all kinds of clearence issues. top notch garage sounds like a good place with good people.
Posted via Mobile Device