Alignment Help Please

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Ok, so after I put on my tie rod sleeves I tried to align it. Well turns out that the alignment sensors wont mount to my wheels and tires because my rim hardly has a lip to them and the tire sticks half a inch away from the rim. I was left with no choice but to align it by counting the amount of turns of the sleeve.

Well now the truck likes to drift slightly to the left, when I'm going straight the steering wheel is slightly turned right.

I noticed last week that the inner side of my front tires were wearing down faster than the rest of the tire. I know this has to do with caster. After looking at my caster I noticed that it was turned all the way positive, cant turn it no more.

I temporarily rotated the tires to try to help the situation since I'm at a stand still on alignment.

So how am I going to align this thing? Does it also look like I'm gonna have to get a aftermarket caster kit?

Tayler

Need Mo Money!
Apr 7, 2010
Warsaw, IN
The only thing I could suggest is to use a couple straight boards and have a friend help measure the distance front to back. The tires could also wear on the inside if it is toed out in the front.

Do you still have your PYOs or know someone you could borrow a set from to get it aligned?

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
The only thing I could suggest is to use a couple straight boards and have a friend help measure the distance front to back. The tires could also wear on the inside if it is toed out in the front.

Do you still have your PYOs or know someone you could borrow a set from to get it aligned?

Actually I grabbed dad's stock wheels and tires and put them on my truck so I at least have a close estimate. I know thats a huge difference, but I had no choice.

c55asleep

Apr 23, 2009
Miami,Fl
Have your alignment tech hold it on with a bungie cord. It's not the best idea but it has worked out fine for me. Measure the front of the tire then the rear and the front should be in about 1/8 than the rear just a thought.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
see another alignment shop lol...

It should be the same with the PYOs as your wheels....

x2 The alignment shop was able align my truck with my Welds and big ballooney tires. They adjusted the camber/caster and maxed it out too and its fine.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So you leveled it by cranking the torsion bars? You might want to consider the Cognito upper control arms.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Well from what it looks like, I'm gonna have to grab dad's wheels again and try this again. I think I'm going to stop by this alignment shop in town that has been in business for 60 years. Thats who I shouldve gone to in the first place. Do yall think I'm going to need a aftermarket camber/caster kit to make up for all of the negative? Or should I jut grab two of dad's wheels and tell them to do their best?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
put some offset bushings in the upper a arms and you will be able to get your adjustments. Specialty products make 2 degree bushings and can be purchased at Orielly auto parts.