AirDog fuel line parts?

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
Doing some work on the truck to mount the generator and found the previous owner cut a hole in the top of the tank and made a pickup for the Lift pump instead of using the factory pickup. I need to order what looks like one of the 1/2" to -8 Push lock fittings AirDog includes in their kits to hook to the factory sending unit a the tank.

Who should I contact that can ship overnight? Or does someone else make that sending unit adapter?

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
Thanks guys, this is great, ill see if i can dig up the Dorman one, the air dog one does push right into the -8 Push lock hose not normal fuel line hose.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Just hook the 5/8 line to the vent and run a hose from the vent into the cup. Use the pickup as the vent. The factory pickup is too small.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Anthony, what hose did you use to submerge into the cup?

I bought the billet cup and line from Kennedy. I don’t remember the brand it was. But I’d imagine any fuel line rated for diesel would be sufficient.

(I think it was a gates hose)

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
We don't have all the same options as the pickup trucks on the Kodiak. My mission is to solve these problems before we take off this weekend.

1. Plumb in the Generator, supply and return to the tank
2. Fix or eliminate the deteriorated grommet
3. Create a more standard install for the lift pump.

My thoughts -

1. Pickup a new fitting and plumb the lift pump into the stock pickup. Seems to be 1/2" sized pickup all the way into the base. I cleaned it all out seems fine.
2. Build some type of cover/fitting thing to go in the 1.25" hole the old pickup was in and use it for supply and return for the generator.

Attachments

• WP_20180701_10_35_19_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180701_10_35_19_Pro.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 18

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I didn’t realize the pickups would be that different. Are you sure it’s half inch all the way thru? On the trucks it’s 3/8