Air intake

Joeyshanks

Apr 24, 2023
Illinois
Hi everyone - new owner of a 2013 GMC 2500HD and have quite a bit to do with it, but wondering what any recommendations would be for air intake since mine is missing....

Hearing and reading a lot of different opinions on plastic vs aluminum - enclosed vs open - heat shield vs non

Curious what you all are thinking.

Thank you!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Welcome

I'd stick with the stock intake unless you are looking to make big power. Look on craigslist, Facebook marketplace, etc and see if you can find some parting out their vehicle. Or some place like GM parts direct. And if you have to, the dealership

Maybe even Brad here can find one for you. Might need to post up a list of everything that is missing. Or a photo

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Hi everyone - new owner of a 2013 GMC 2500HD and have quite a bit to do with it, but wondering what any recommendations would be for air intake since mine is missing....

Hearing and reading a lot of different opinions on plastic vs aluminum - enclosed vs open - heat shield vs non

Curious what you all are thinking.

Thank you!
Enclosed with a good supply of ambient air, no debate

Reactions: Joeyshanks

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Welcome

I'd stick with the stock intake unless you are looking to make big power. Look on craigslist, Facebook marketplace, etc and see if you can find some parting out their vehicle. Or some place like GM parts direct. And if you have to, the dealership

Maybe even Brad here can find one for you. Might need to post up a list of everything that is missing. Or a photo
I threw a banks intake on a friends stock LML and it made it much more responsive, not sure if they manipulated the maf a bit or if the filter just flows that much better but it was a solid gain.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I tend to use S&B on just about everything unless someone requests something else, but there's nothing wrong with Banks either except for the price.

Joeyshanks

Apr 24, 2023
Illinois
I appreciate the responses fellas - I'm not opposed to keeping it stock. Have to replace entire front core along with some odds and ends. Its deleted and live tuned so well see what it's all about once I am able to get it going. Has stabilizer bars too which makes me wonder ...

Definitely leaning towards one of the aftermarket intakes mentioned above.