Advice on getting out of a ticket

duramaxxin

Jan 12, 2009
Well just alittle bit ago I got a speeding ticket doing 70 in a 55, ive already got way to many tickets on my record the dmv sent me a notice aying if I got another one my license would be taken away for 6 months (which cant happen for work and school) so i need some help on how to get outta this one! Im deffiantly going to court and going to fight it a buddy of mine said what has worked for him a few times is set the court date and when it comes up extend it and maybe extend it again, making it more likely that the cop doesnt show. Ive been looking into attorney's online and alot of them have a money back guareente that if i loose and the ticket goes on my record i get my cash back. So should I get one of these attorneys or just go to court myself and fight it, like I said I cant get another ticket or my license is gone and i cant do trafic school either. What is the best way? Thanks

duramaxxin

Jan 12, 2009
Thanks, but im looking for some help on getting this ticket dismissed not on my driving habits.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Just from what I've heard. A ticket for that much over the speed limit is going to be hard to fight and win. I would find a lawyer and try to get them to get you a plea deal or something. Maybe do some community service to keep your liscense.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
If youre going more than 10 over its usually a tough one to get fixed. You can also go to traffic school that will remove some of your demerits on your record but you can only go once a year. Id look into that and once you get it fixed quit driving like you have been :thumb:

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Not a big deal to fight, I got a 95 in a 55 down to a 60 in a 55. Talk to the cop before court and tell him what you posted here. Also ask him to give you a few other non points violations and tell him money is no object, just can't afford the points. Has worked for me over 30 times :D

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Not a big deal to fight, I got a 95 in a 55 down to a 60 in a 55. Talk to the cop before court and tell him what you posted here. Also ask him to give you a few other non points violations and tell him money is no object, just can't afford the points. Has worked for me over 30 times :D

That might work in the back woods of PA but around here you either hire a lawyer or take what you have coming to you

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Id call the prosecuting attorney's office and ask them if they'd be willing to change the ticket to something with the same fine, but without the points. With your driving record, you're SOL in court, unless you get lucky and the officer doesnt show.

If driving is so important to your job and school, then maybe you should take the other's advice and slow down. Otherwise, get used to riding the bus.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
If you live in CA you can go to the county court house and grab a Trial by Written Declaration form... this is going to be your best bet as the officer is not subpoenaed to fill this out. They are however subpoenaed to appear in court, i know you don't wanna hear that you need to change your driving habits but it is obvious you do. I only speed on the drag strip.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
In N.Y. It is out of the officers control right after he writes the ticket. It never use to be that way, but as of recent the District attorney has full control over any such plea bargins:( My best advice is, get a Lawer! Hopefully a good one and like previously stated mention money is no object just make sure I do not recieve any points;)

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Good luck. Once the judge sees your previous record you won't have a good chance for a deferred sentance. If you are this far along and this will make or break your license status I'd get an attorney. Plea bargon for a non moving violation. Learn that they are serious and to slow down after you 3rd, 4th or what ever ticket your on. Maybe a suspension will help you get
that.

Oh and in wikdlmms defense, you asked how to get out of a ticket, he gave the best answer..

Last edited:

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
when this is all over you might wanna look into pre-paid legal. plus they come in handy for other stuff too. ive used mine to have letters written, get advice etc. etc.

duramaxxin

Jan 12, 2009
Thanks guys who are helping me out... Again please I dont need your lechure on how i should slow down, im a dangerous driver, suck it up etc, i know I ****ed up so I dont need your re-insuranace. But too the ones who helping a big thanks to you :thumb:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Thanks guys who are helping me out... Again please I dont need your lechure on how i should slow down, im a dangerous driver, suck it up etc, i know I ****ed up so I dont need your re-insuranace. But too the ones who helping a big thanks to you :thumb:

where are you located

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
Good luck. Once the judge sees your previous record you won't have a good chance for a deferred sentance. If you are this far along and this will make or break your license status I'd get an attorney. Plea bargon for a non moving violation. Learn that they are serious and to slow down after you 3rd, 4th or what ever ticket your on. Maybe a suspension will help you get
that.

Oh and in wikdlmms defense, you asked how to get out of a ticket, he gave the best answer..

Thanks mike, I thought it was legit.