Acetone & Diesel

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
A few of you know that i have added acetone to my fuel

after reading and researching the diesel fuel i started seeing more info
about additives including acetone most of this info was for gasoline but some where about diesel:D

im am now adding 2 oz/10 gallons i started at 1.25 oz/10 gallons( chicken )
im on my 3rd tank so far

so far i thought i was getting better mileage but after hand calculating im thinking im around 1.5 gallons less to the gallon,now from what i have read i should be getting better mileage:confused:

no smoke but this 80 hp tune would never smoke im using the same tune that i have been mostly running in the last 2-3 weeks so i could have a good comparison

as far as power well its hard to say i would like to think it has more power now but is that just me wanting power and thinking its there:rolleyes:

egts seem to be down a bit before i could floor it and egts woulg go to around 1300 and now they wont go over 1200 not a big difference but they do seem lower

the also might seem quieter again is this something or is it just me?

i have the racor on the frame rail and have been draing off the filter daily

i am not trying to promote the use of this in any way,im just fillen you guys in on what i did and i am going to continue to run this, i wish i could see what cylinder pressures are
here is one of the articles where people are commenting on there results
but you cant always believe what you read, so i had to try it myself

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Acetone_as_a_Fuel_Additive

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Interesting Simon. I've been contimplating putting it in mine. Ther's a couple people I know runnin it in there Powerstroke. The've said it has more power, but who knows i'll have to give it a try.

Joey

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
its hard to tell,15 hp is the most i would think you would gain from what i have read and i cant tell what 15hp is by my seat of the pants dyno
i just seems to accelerate faster

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
I would stay away from aceotone in these new trucks. It is hard to say what kind of damage may be caused by it. It sure is not good for lubrication. (It'll suck the oil right out of pretty much anything.)