Accident and redo

partsguy662

blowup doll salesman
Aug 14, 2006
A few months ago a put a thread up my motorcycle after I put a new paint job on it. (search if you wish, it isn't that important)

At any rate, coming home from work on July 31st, 3 turkeys came out into the road. The results of them trying to occupy the same real estate I was on are as follows:

DSCN0030.jpg
(the truck is where the pavement and I met..slid 110 yards..not recommended for friday evening enjoyment)

crash006-1.jpg

crash003.jpg

crash004.jpg
(Air cleaner wasn't impressed with the blacktop either...that's in a few assorted pieces)

crash005.jpg

crash006.jpg

crash001.jpg
(Can't say enough about the Shoei helmet...It's the reason I'm alive today I think)

crash002.jpg

At any rate, my injuries were very minor. Scraped up, but nothing broken. Had I been wearing the leather gloves that were in my jacket pocket, my hands probably wouldn't have had as much hide removed as they did. :spit:

All in all, things worked out just fine. All the new parts are on, got the new tank painted last weekend..

And rode it to work this morning. :happy2:

DSCN0043-1.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Thats a bummer man. I ride also and thats my worst nightmare. Well that or a car cutting me off. Glad you walked away ok! It must be nice to be back on the road though huh. Nice paint btw

partsguy662

blowup doll salesman
Aug 14, 2006
and new exhaust style as well! Glad you were relatively unscathed and the bike is back in stellar shape!!

C-ya

Honestly, I wanted to put the same exhaust back on it, but it's discontinued. :( (I have to tune the fuel injection to this exhaust set-up yet, but that can wait)

It does bother me a bit that the tip of the exhaust on my motorcycle is larger than the exhaust on my truck. :rofl::rofl:

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
Hey man - glad to hear you're ok!! :hug:My wife and I had a similar "scare" - no impact. The turkey came out of the woods just as I was going by and flew right at my wife's head and her movement threw the bike out of control, but there was no impact and we were able to save it.

Bike looks great.:happy2:

Jasondt2001

May 3, 2008
Salinas, Ca
I know it's a bummer about that killer paint job; but thank god your smart enough to wear a helmet (and a full face sure saved your jaw)!!
I chose Shoei also, theyre very comfortable for my huge round head and provide ample breeze through it!
The bike can be fixed good as new, in fact you might be able to afford some other goodies! :hug:

gr8shot

Practically stock
Apr 28, 2009
Grand Island, NE
I've been riding for 3 years so far. No accidents or tickets yet. But I do agree, something like that is my worst nightmare. It kills me to see how dumb some people are on bikes, then the undeserving people often times get unfortunate accidents like yours.

Glad to see you're back on the road though!! Have fun, and keep the shiny side up!!

partsguy662

blowup doll salesman
Aug 14, 2006
Looks like the helmet faired worse than the bike....unless I'm missing something. Glad your ok. Bummer about the paint though:mad:

Yup. I don't think the helmet and the blacktop were friends at all... :rofl:

Honestly, the paint was no big deal.... Not a scratch on either fender, so I just had to get a new tank and paint it...

The bottom three pictures show it turned out just fine. :)

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Yup. I don't think the helmet and the blacktop were friends at all... :rofl:

Honestly, the paint was no big deal.... Not a scratch on either fender, so I just had to get a new tank and paint it...

The bottom three pictures show it turned out just fine. :)

Glad your OK. Bike looks good. Have you though about painting up a helmet to match?