AC line material requirements.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
I have been contemplating routing an AC line differently on my truck. Ive researched a few sites on the web and the general consensus is that fuel safe AN type hose will not work with 134a.

Has anyone used any different form of AC lines than factory?

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
The a/c people I've talked with say that 134 molecules will permeate non-a/c rated hose after awhile. That you've gotta use a/c specific hose. I re-did mine with u-bend'em aluminum lines and e-z clip hose and fittings, all from Vintage Air in Texas. A/C lines are a hassle and it takes awhile to figure out what combination of tube and hose and fittings to use and where to route them. A lot easier if someone can do it for you and do a good job.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I was really hoping someone had made custom ac lines before.. Thanks for bringing this us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
The a/c people I've talked with say that 134 molecules will permeate non-a/c rated hose after awhile. That you've gotta use a/c specific hose. I re-did mine with u-bend'em aluminum lines and e-z clip hose and fittings, all from Vintage Air in Texas. A/C lines are a hassle and it takes awhile to figure out what combination of tube and hose and fittings to use and where to route them. A lot easier if someone can do it for you and do a good job.

I've heard a few folks in the hot rod community having issues with the EZ clip system. Did you?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The a/c people I've talked with say that 134 molecules will permeate non-a/c rated hose after awhile. That you've gotta use a/c specific hose.

this.

the system can also see pressures up to 500-600psi at times on the high side as well so having a hose that can hold those pressures is a must.