ABS Light and brake light

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
Now i got the abs light on and brake light on in the truck. Also speedometer completely quit working, Throws the trans in limp mode, and i noticed the truck was coming outta gear the gear indicator light was blinking than would completely go blank. This all happened since i lost my speedometer. You guys think this in the transfer case? or wheel hubs/speedsensors, I did do a pump rub upgrade on it?

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
replaced the sensor on the transfer case no difference abs light still on and the gear indicator blinks after a little bit in gear.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Stock transmission or built transmission? Sounds like you have more then one problem. :confused:

What has been done to the truck recently? A tech ii I believe should be able to retrieve some codes which would help diagnosing.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
replaced the sensor on the transfer case no difference abs light still on and the gear indicator blinks after a little bit in gear.

you have t-case/speedsensor prob. front wheel hub sensors wont make the truck limp or mess the trans up. a bad t-case and speed sensor in the t-case will do everything your describing. you may have a shot bearing that is causing the tone ring in the t-case to wobble and loose its reading on it.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
make sure the speed sensor is properly seated. when I had mine out, the o-ring rolled up a thread or two. It kept it from reading and went into limp.

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
Well I'm gonna limp it to gm tomorrow to have the codes pulled. It's built trans. And I have unhooked all the sensors on the trans and re hooked them up. Unhooked batterys and replaced the rear sensor on the t case. And still no luck she isn't moving 5 feet without out it coming out of gear and it sits and blinks.

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
Only changes have been done is the gmax trans and pump rub kit in the trans. Merchant automotive kit for the tcase. When I did the t case it looked great inside but I clearly didn't check for the bearings. I never heard it making and weird noises or vibrations. I'll be able to give you guys more info when she gets on the tech 2 tomorrow.

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
thinking about this more. you guys dont think that snap ring came off on the back of the tcase. maybe i didnt have it seated properly? It was driving fine since the trans and pump rub kit was done i got about 650 miles on it since. just cant believe a bearing is out im just questioning if something wasnt put back together right in the transfer case. either way im going to gm to be scanned i bet ill have about 10 pages of codes. so get ready!

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Did you just recently have it tuned? I swapped the ECM in my truck and didn't touch it with EFI, went for a ride and I got ABS light and it went into limp mode, found that the speedo calibrations were way off once I entered my values it was ok.

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
Well my dealership found the problem for me. It was a broken pin in one of the connectors to the transmissions. All good now. They said the tech 2 would not check my injectors because of efi live being in there. Or any flow rates i guess.

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
Well my dealership found the problem for me. It was a broken pin in one of the connectors to the transmissions. All good now. They said the tech 2 would not check my injectors because of efi live being in there. Or any flow rates i guess.

Ive checked mine with a tech 2 multiple times and i have efi live.

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
yeah, that part im kinda questioning. They just said they werent able to get into any of my flow charts and ect. because of the efilive, something about it was locked...i figured just to check my balance rates that would be capable...

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK

X2 w/ Auble, sounds like dealer BS to me. The Tech II should still be able to read balance rates, etc. Either operator error, or just being lazy if you told them you were using tuning software with regards to balance rates. I had a Tech II for a while, and could read stuff just fine. I never looked for the actual tables, but I could read the injector balance rates.

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
Yeah thats what i thought too. I wish i was a little more familiar with the tech 2 cause i would imagine they would let me do it myself. i have just never messed with one.