AAM 11.5 Tracrite Gt (Cummins rear end)

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Guys,

anyone running one? I bought one from a member advertising it as a Eaton True trac, along with 4.56 gears and traded my stock g80 3.73's and 800 bucks. His stuff has 35k miles, mine has 80k.

So is this thing worth throwing in my truck or will I be disappointed? I wanted the true trac or a grizzly originally.

D

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I am running the limited slip that comes in the Dodge AAM 11.5. I like it over the stock G80. Plus, mine was destroyed and I needed to replace it.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Guys,

anyone running one? I bought one from a member advertising it as a Eaton True trac, along with 4.56 gears and traded my stock g80 3.73's and 800 bucks. His stuff has 35k miles, mine has 80k.

So is this thing worth throwing in my truck or will I be disappointed? I wanted the true trac or a grizzly originally.

D

Less moving parts to fail than a G80, grizzly is super aggressive from the 2 people I know with one... So bad if u are on the throttle 10% rolling through a corner it chirps tires, have to let of pedal all the way...

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
I am running the limited slip that comes in the Dodge AAM 11.5. I like it over the stock G80. Plus, mine was destroyed and I needed to replace it.

My g80 was fine as well as the gears, I bought the supposed eaton as an upgrade. I wanted both tires getting power to the ground in predictable fashion..

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Less moving parts to fail than a G80, grizzly is super aggressive from the 2 people I know with one... So bad if u are on the throttle 10% rolling through a corner it chirps tires, have to let of pedal all the way...

Traction wise is the dodge rear end better or the same?

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
My g80 was fine as well as the gears, I bought the supposed eaton as an upgrade. I wanted both tires getting power to the ground in predictable fashion..

I have no problem lighting both tires! I think you'll be happy with the upgrade.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Traction wise is the dodge rear end better or the same?

It's different. The operation of the Dodge limited slip is the same as that of the Detroit Truetrac. If you get a tire completely off the ground, you will have to apply the brake to get the tire on the ground to pull. With the G80, the locker will engage and the tire on the ground will pull, but as you probably know, it can be a little finicky. The Dodge differential will be much more predictable than the factory G80 differential. I think you'll be happy with it if you wanted a Truetrac.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
This is good to know. I'm in the market for a locker and have been looking for a grizzly. Now I'll start looking on dodge forums...

Give some feed back on that thing after you do some driving with it.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
This is good to know. I'm in the market for a locker and have been looking for a grizzly. Now I'll start looking on dodge forums...

Give some feed back on that thing after you do some driving with it.

will do Mack, lets hope its good lol

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
I ran a dose rear in my 05 crew couple years back a lot better than g80 personal opinion like everyone else stated lot like true trac

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
It's different. The operation of the Dodge limited slip is the same as that of the Detroit Truetrac. If you get a tire completely off the ground, you will have to apply the brake to get the tire on the ground to pull. With the G80, the locker will engage and the tire on the ground will pull, but as you probably know, it can be a little finicky. The Dodge differential will be much more predictable than the factory G80 differential. I think you'll be happy with it if you wanted a Truetrac.

X2 on the Above, I personally like the G80 better (when they work properly), problem is once you start beating on them they don't hold up as well as the dodge (Torsen) unit will IMO....

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Ya my g80 did okay stock but With 500 horse and 37's I need something tougher. Hopefully this does it