A/c clutch won't engage help??

Nhill22189

Jun 6, 2015
I have a 2007 2500hd LT with 149k on it. Truck runs mint I have Efi live and a few other upgrades nothing crazy. I have been having problems with the ac recently. The compressor clutch wasn't engaging I went threw the entire system jumped the relay to see if everything worked had the system vaccumed and recharged no leaks to be found. The other day I pulled all the fuses under the hood and fuses in cab and then the compressor clutch and ac system started to work again blowing cold air just as normal. This lasted three days and then it went out again and didn't work. I'm lost and need some help anything ideas are appreciated thank you!

Nhill22189

Jun 6, 2015
I have checked everything in the system all works perfect. I messed around in the fuse box one day and everything started to work perfect again for about two days then went out again and I haven't been able to get it back on.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Try jumping the low pressure switch on the can.

My a/c would kick on and off at random. Turned out to be a loose relay terminal. I curved the relay prongs for a tighter fit and all is well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
The compressor clutch relay. If you wiggled it it would kick on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I don't know if you have the problem I had with mine but when my truck was only a year old my underhood fuse box was all corroded underneath and my a/c wouldn't work. I got it to work by jumping power from the fuse to the power side of the relay (just stuck the wire in beside the relay terminal and fuse and pushed them back in) and it worked.
If you try this with yours and it works you might have the same issue.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk