A/C and Heat

privatejb

Jul 17, 2009
Sand Box
I have a 2004.5 lly when I turn on the A/C one side of the dash will blow heat and the other will blow A/C. Both nobs are turned down to 60 degrees and everything is on the correct settings. It only does this sometimes then will stop for a couple of days. Has anyone heard of this problem before.

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
I have a 2004.5 lly when I turn on the A/C one side of the dash will blow heat and the other will blow A/C. Both nobs are turned down to 60 degrees and everything is on the correct settings. It only does this sometimes then will stop for a couple of days. Has anyone heard of this problem before.

I had this happen over the 4th of July on a long trip back from PA. Turned the passenger side which was set to 60 and blowing heat to 80 for a few sec and then back to 60 cold air started blowing again. I think it has to do with the BCM either needing to be re-programming or replaced. Good luck and keep us posted on what you figure out.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Yeah, sounds like the symptoms of the blend doors. If you search for that, you should find lots of information. If I recall, you basically have to replace a actuator and it will be fixed.

06blackmax

May 21, 2010
Ramer,TN.
Sometimes you can have the climate controls reflashed, but most of the time you have to replace the servo motor on the door. Be prepared part is about $200.

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
First thing to do is pull the A/C fuse and the HVAC fuse in the inside fuse panel by the drivers door for atleast 1 minute. Put them back in turn on the key to just the run position without starting it an leave it there for 1 minute. Turn it off then back on and start the truck. Try your a/c now. there is an update for the bcm for this problem but only a dealer can do it. If this workss have the update done. If it keeps doing it replace the main actuator with the wheel assembly above the gas pedal.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
The Actuator above the gas peddle was only about $75 when I got it last year. Turned out that I didn't need it tho. It was a wire stuck in the gears. But that was the actuator for the foot/face/defrost blend door.

Rockauto has a Heater Blend Door Actuator for $43.79 and one for $109.79.

wow. guess I should have looked at the date. oh well. still good info non the less.