86 Crew cab LB7 build

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
This is my 86 Silverado crew cab dually body on a 02 3500 duramax chassis project. I'll start with a couple pics of the donors and add more as I have time to bring this thread up to where I am now. When it's done it will be 4wd, solid axle, and lifted single wheel.
72c7bf6d524f9f95ef5e1a21c143306e.jpg
4862293baab50c26a819b2976ecc4358.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
Lol, notice the fram oil filter in the engine pic. Ouch. It has 106k miles on it. The owner said it was starting to get fuel in the oil, but I plan to do head gaskets, studs, injectors etc while it's out. I'm using a stand alone harness and dsp5 tune from Ken Wolkens and Dmax Swap.

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
awesome build. I can't wait to see the finished product. one thing is for sure though, none of the stuff your working with came from the rust belt I live in..lol
Thanks. Yeah I lucked out on the body being solid. I think it came from GA and spent most of it's life garaged.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Pretty darn cool build. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

I was going to post yesterday morning that Mitch (Smokeshow) was going to have a coronary when he found this thread....he loves those square bodies that much. Then he posted, and Im thinking, "Here we go...someone call 911".:roflmao::roflmao:

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida

I was going to post yesterday morning that Mitch (Smokeshow) was going to have a coronary when he found this thread....he loves those square bodies that much. Then he posted, and Im thinking, "Here we go...someone call 911".
Thanks man. I think it's coming along smoother than I was afraid it would be, so far...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

I was going to post yesterday morning that Mitch (Smokeshow) was going to have a coronary when he found this thread....he loves those square bodies that much. Then he posted, and Im thinking, "Here we go...someone call 911".:roflmao::roflmao:

I thought the same thing... Mitch needs to quit f-ing around and get to building his:D

I should take my own advice and put a D-max in my 84' short bed.... *sigh* one of these days ill get all these projects done.