6 Inch Exhaust

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Bullydog makes one for a dodge. I wonder if you could make it work and fit a Diamond Eye down pipe to the 6" with a 4"-6" fitting? Im sure it could be done pretty easy with a welder and some xtra pipe.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Well i belive this is 6" exhaust idea seems familure? :rofl::D

None made that i know of. I did my own:D
For now all my bends are miter cuts twisted on the cut and re-welded untill i cough up the dough for 6" bends cause there pricy! :eek: My pipe is plan ole 6" aluminized that i got from a truck supply store as a 10' stick. That puppy was a touch over $200 bucks by itself! Also for now, i'm still using the stock downpipe and a small piece of the front pipe. After that short bit i hand made a merge cone to the 6". The cone is approx at a
40*degree and 6 inch long with the front pipe protruding inside 1/4 inch before welded. I did that as a measure against reversion if there is any. No kitty or muffler. I had to flatten a small spot of the pipe to clear the trans/torsion crossmember. An i also had to cut out and make a new piece of the carrier bearing crossmember aswell. And it exits out the side in front of the tire! Not a hole lot of room for that big ass pipe under there. As it is, i love it! Helaciously loud and scares people when unleashed! Dosn't have that poppy rasp that a lot of D-maxes have, just pure evil rushing F-16 sound! Nice nasty deep rumble. It was a nice jump in power from my previous 4" with an Aero turbine muff. And i like to let EGT's drop to 300*F or less before i shut it off and it cools really fast with this pipe!

Pics in album

Crappy vid (old, less mods too) --> Http://media.putfile.com/duramax-diesel-showboatin

Duramax 6.6L

Nov 23, 2006
Esperance, NY
We'll I started planing the project, I have the 6 inch T304 stainless, That pipe is huge. Found a 8 inch diameter 24 inch long muffler that is straight through to use as a resonator to make the sound deeper.

I am starting to fabricate this up, Will have a full tail pipe. I will post photos as I get this worked out.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
We'll I started planing the project, I have the 6 inch T304 stainless, That pipe is huge. Found a 8 inch diameter 24 inch long muffler that is straight through to use as a resonator to make the sound deeper.

I am starting to fabricate this up, Will have a full tail pipe. I will post photos as I get this worked out.

Nice!