6.2 Diesel Fuel Pump Question

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Mods please move if needed. Thought there used to be a 6.2/6.5 area but not sure

Anyways. Got an 82 k10 with a 6.2. Put new batteries in it. And a new glow plug relay (ford starter solenoid straight wired) anyways drove home. Parked it. Few days later. Won’t start. Way before I got it someone cut out the factory mechanical fuel pump and put on a cheap mr gasket electric diesel pump. Think I’ve replaced the damn thing twice already. I’ve still got to pull it off to see if that’s the issue or not. Can hear it running but not sure if it’s actually pumping. If that is the problem I’d like to replace it with something more reliable. Was thinking a PPE pump or something of the sort. Anyone know how well one of these would work?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I would use a late model 6.5 supply pump. They're pretty reliable and the pressure/volume is perfect. Cheap too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I would use a late model 6.5 supply pump. They're pretty reliable and the pressure/volume is perfect. Cheap too.

^ This what I did to the youth camp vehicles I worked on (old swat vans) and they haven't skipped a beat in almost a decade.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH

Drove a 1995 6.5 Tahoe until 2012 and only replaced the electric pump once. Now the oil pressure switch that it was wired through was a whole different animal, but on a mechanical 6.2 that wouldn't be an issue.