5K RPM tuning a LML

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Looking to spin my lml to 5k, now i have 6l90e behind it with future plans of a t56 swap. But for now i wanna do some high rpm trials.

When im looking at the throttle/torque maps almost all of them max at 3600, mind you the last two rows are obviously limited. What im trying to understand is how to go about commanding torque up to 5K. Heres my thought (total guess) would i rescale the RPM axis of the tables up to 4800 rpm? I feel like kidturbo covered this partially in his twins with twins thread (not sure if i can make it through all of those posts again haha)

Any nudge in the right direction is appreciated, i will 100 percent video my tests and upload to my YT for everyone to see.

Thanks!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I might be wrong but I believe you only need to do the torque tables and extend them out to your desired RPM. Your going to need to go through the limiters too

But, mor importantly do you have the right mods to the engine?

Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
By extend, is there a way to make the tables bigger? Or am I’m on the right track by rescaling the rpm axis?

I was under the impression it will take it, but I am basing that on just past forum posts that I have read.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
By extend, is there a way to make the tables bigger? Or am I’m on the right track by rescaling the rpm axis?

I was under the impression it will take it, but I am basing that on just past forum posts that I have read.

Eh, valve float will be an issue at 4500rpm. It gets worse with more boost too. Also, stock turbo is waaaaaay the hell outside its map at those rpm’s. Even at 3600-4k you are beyond the turbos map

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
So 3500 is a more realistic goal for stock. Thanks for the replies. I think it would be pretty sweet to move to twin turbos, one for each bank, running through dual exhaust would sound wild.

Any input on extending that map?

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Ok so i found some help on the hpt website. Figured il throw a link here for anyone reading that is interested.

Got some rain days here so im gonna write a tune up tonight, I will push a little and shoot for 4500 just for fun. Although seems like the cp3 will run out before then. Will update with results. 🍻

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Jjust watch a video of a guy who mated up a LBZ to a T56.
Source: https://youtu.be/4mm4V39fU1k?si=CdygsIL72EmORRcF
Nice, ill check it out. The one i saw was a 1970 c10.

Update on tune: So as im ripping through tables rescaling axis, i realised that now the whole table is off, by alot! DUH!! So im just gonna start fresh. New plan is to only rescale from 2600 RPM and up, most of the values are the same in most of the tables. The LML runs in 1 of 5 different modes. I really should log and see what mode or modes im generally in to save some time, and also im duplicating most of the table for different altitudes, so basically dumbing down the tune for one altitude.

Ill keep at it! Cheers!