5 speed to 6 speed conversion.

Elgavilan

Desert Rat
Aug 28, 2016
Arizona
So do you think this system would work on a 2004.5 LLY with a Mike L built transmission with his spring(s) in it? Just swap the springs over to the new valve body?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So do you think this system would work on a 2004.5 LLY with a Mike L built transmission with his spring(s) in it? Just swap the springs over to the new valve body?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

it will work great, all you need is what comes in the kit to work with mikes trans.

So far, first tank has netted me 2mpg over what i had before. im skeptical of this number but ill see what happens after this tank as well. same style driving but tuning is worked out so converter does not lock till 55mph, 6th gear comes in at 48mph (at the lightest throttle input) but will easily kick down to 5th, then progressively gets harder to kick to 5th till im above 70mph. we played with this because the stock tuning would make the truck lug too much in 6th and took too much throttle input to get it to down shift (black smoke freeway situation). even though im on a modded stock charger, i like being right on top of it when i hit the throttle lol. im most likely getting mpg because my timing tables were not optimized for the 2100+rpm i was at cruising, now im back in the higher timing area (was too lazy to ever bump them up).

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Will this tcm be tuneable? Or will it be locked? I’m assuming locked, but hoping not.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Yep. I understand it probably has to be. But that’s a complete deal breaker for me.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yep. I understand it probably has to be. But that’s a complete deal breaker for me.

Yeah I know. A lot of people want this tcm unlocked and maybe at some point down the road he will figure out how to hold software stuff off to the side so it can be pulled but doubt it. If you can request the tcm to send back info, it’s extemely hard to limit that and locks sections

Chavez91

People Go Outside?
May 30, 2012
Heh. Wouldn't you like to know

As James said... Unfortunately at the current time and day it's fully locked...

But there is development towards a new lock strategy that should be able to satisfy your needs as it would be a request of mine also. It's not something I'd expect within the next 6 months. But I will try to make something happen that's very reasonable.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Please do if you can. I would definitely be interested in one if I could still control the aspects of tuning that I do now.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Same here. I need to control and change shift strategies frequently. As long as I can do that, I'm happy. I don't care if I can't read out a tune, as long as I can flash in new shift tables.

Would it be possible to lock the TCM, but provide a .calz file that allows editing, and does the auto-lock? The file is encrypted, so we can't see the OS changes you made, but we can tweak shift tables and flash the tune at our leisure. I presume you'd need to provide .cax files too, for the extra gear.

If it ever gets to where I can change shift points (etc) without mailing a TCM, I am installing the kit at that moment. If that takes another 6 months, that's fine. Not like anyone else's kit lets me change shift points, so I'll still be in the market.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
Could you theoretically install a factory 6sp running this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of our allisons are 6 speed , internally , this tcm and valve body allows us pre 2006 guys to use it ! And what is nice is if you dont change things much , they will flash the TCM with appropriate info to accommodate , tire size , turbo size , fuel upgrades , tunes etc ! I do not have this product so I dont know how well it works , just stating from web site !

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Just was curious if I found a used 6sp that was built already if I could run this setup to make it work in my LB7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Yep swap the internal harness, safety switch, cooler line fittings or change turbin housing and run this kit using the vavlebody and you would be good to go if you want to run it as a 6 speed. The same stuff can be swaped if you wanted to run it as a 5 speed without this kit.