LBZ: 4 inch or 5 inch

dura07

Feb 1, 2014
Montgomery,TX
Exhaust that is.......i have a 07 lbz with a edge cts, all stock otherwise. should I order 4 inch or 5 inch turbo back kit?? Wanting options and any advise

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
As far as performance goes, I've never heard of an advantage going 5". In my opinion the 5" looks and sounds a little better.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Kk btw, every down pipe is 4" and then it "expands" to a 5" correct? When I was looking for exhaust I coulda swore that's the way I saw it..

Also, are you going stainless or alumanized?

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
5 is what I'm Prolly gonna do, sorry to not read before I posted

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
No problem, I personally don't see a problem with a new member asking questions regardless how simple it is. I've often wondered how fun this site would be if everyone just got no here and did searches and didn't fellowship and horse around.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
No problem, I personally don't see a problem with a new member asking questions regardless how simple it is. I've often wondered how fun this site would be if everyone just got no here and did searches and didn't fellowship and horse around.

Totally agree..

And Dajokr I see, I understand after putting exhaust on my LLY seeing as how it's tighter than a... Well it's tight but i don't agree totally with calling it a 5" exaust when the most important part is so small in diameter.. If someone wants to educate me on this go right ahead I'm no muffler man just thinking aloud with my assumptions and vodka... :rofl:

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Totally agree..

And Dajokr I see, I understand after putting exhaust on my LLY seeing as how it's tighter than a... Well it's tight but i don't agree totally with calling it a 5" exaust when the most important part is so small in diameter.. If someone wants to educate me on this go right ahead I'm no muffler man just thinking aloud with my assumptions and vodka... :rofl:

Ive seen your exhaust....very custom lol:hug:

Last edited:

BW544

Feb 11, 2013
DE
I love 5in the drone is not bad at all and the wife loves it too so thats a plus

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
5" on mine, nice and quiet until you open it up. Get good clamps, the shitty u-bolt style will oval your pipes

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5" on mine, nice and quiet until you open it up. Get good clamps, the shitty u-bolt style will oval your pipes

X2 on the clamps, I also used never-sieze (light film is plenty) on all the joints, clamps, nuts and bolts. The clamps torque evenly and make adjustment/removal a breeze..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 6