.308 Build

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
It really depends on the money you want to spend, also I would buy a stripped lower (some come with mag and bolt release) and build it yourself. Most of the time it will be cheaper and you can have what you want. Check out rainer or DSG arms website there are a lot of good quality products on there.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
RRA lowers seem alright, but the 6 position stock they offer is absolutely terrible and the A2 one some people seem to like but being able to change the length of pull helps out a lot.

Charcoalmax

Jul 24, 2012
Chicago
I thought about doing the stripped lower. But i dont know how to assemble one. But from what it sounds like, it shouldnt be too hard

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
You may not have a choice on using a RRA lower. Did you see the interchangeability link at the top of the RRA link you first posted?

It makes me wonder about the trigger choices for the RRA lowers...

As for assembly, if you can work on a Dmax, you can assemble an AR variant rifle. :thumb:

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
That's a disclaimer, they will fit. If it's way to tight you can file it down a bit. Assembling a lower is really easy, YouTube and Google will teach you in about 10 min.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
i just bought a DPMS AP4 .308, i get to pick her up Friday night, Wanted something for my Texas deer/hog hunts, they tend to happen at the same time so i can shoot up close but also reach that deer out there a couple hundred yards. Need a good red dot that magnifies, don't want to spend the same amount as the gun though, any ideas?

NRA223

May 20, 2015
I've built 20+ AR lowers and i didn't even want to put my own Y bridge on if that tells you anything. :roflmao:

POWER Freak

Nov 20, 2008
Idaho
i just bought a DPMS AP4 .308, i get to pick her up Friday night, Wanted something for my Texas deer/hog hunts, they tend to happen at the same time so i can shoot up close but also reach that deer out there a couple hundred yards. Need a good red dot that magnifies, don't want to spend the same amount as the gun though, any ideas?

I like my Vortex Viper PST 1-4. It has an illuminated reticle and you can run it on 1 power and shoot with both eyes open like a red dot. I will say that 4x isn't a whole lot but you wont really find anything more with a red dot unless you open your wallet. Vortex also has a great lifetime warranty.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
I like my Vortex Viper PST 1-4. It has an illuminated reticle and you can run it on 1 power and shoot with both eyes open like a red dot. I will say that 4x isn't a whole lot but you wont really find anything more with a red dot unless you open your wallet. Vortex also has a great lifetime warranty.

I have the same one and really like it. You can find them for around 450-500 bucks.