30 over injectors on stock cp3

backwoodsmisfit

Aug 22, 2014
I have an 04 lb7 and I'm on the verge of needing injectors and was looking at the 30% injectors but was wondering if I could run those with stock cp3. If not how big of an injector could I run on stock cp3 I'm gunna be upgrading turbo as well

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I ran 30% injectors on stock cp3 on my lly. Best I could do in the 1/4 mile was a 12.3@110 in my full weight crew cab before rail pressure dropped to much. Stock cp3 handled them pretty well.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
You most definately can. How well it performs depends on the condition of your cp3 and what injection duration you are going to run. If you want to max out the potential of them, then a stock cp3 may not keep up. A good healthy stock cp3 can support 600+ hp

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I personally would not waste money to just go 30 overs, just my opinion. Unless you are getting a great deal on them.

This. You can make a 100% over injector act like a stock injector. It's all in the tuning. I also suggest stepping up to something large enough to allow for some growing room.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
I absolutely love my 30% over injectors with my s366 and would do it again. If I get to the point in life where I can sensibly afford a built engine I will go straight to 100 overs and a 75mm single.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Ok and would a stage one drop in turbo say 64mm be sufficient enough for 30 overs

Tuning, tuning, tuning...

Like what's been said already, your tuning will be the deciding factor as to how everything works.

You could run that 64 with stock injectors and a stock cp3, I ran a 68mm VGT turbo off stock sticks and pump, then I ran it off 60 overs and a stock pump. Adding the injectors did wake the turbo up a bit (same tuner, calibrated tune). Then I got greedy and changed the turbo to a Danville VGT 72 and ran it with a stock cp3 and the Exergy 60's and cracked a piston, I was still making sufficient rail pressure with the stock cp3 too..

So to answer all your questions
Yes, as long as the cp3 is good it will support 30 over injectors
Yes, either stock injectors or the 30's will push a 64mm turbo
And bottom line, as long as the tuning is good, you'll have a fun street truck

You dont have to have big injectors to make good power either, depending on your end goals and time you're going to achieve it in, the 30's should get you up into the 700hp range with ease, if your end goal is to make 800+ get 60's if you want to make more, you'll need 100's

And that's just a vague guideline, people have made tremendous HP on stock injectors, it's not considered the "norm" or "safe" to do so, but it's possible. Again, it all come down to the tune, and what you're willing to compromise to attain power. It is "better" to go bigger and dial the injector pulse width and duration down than to let them max out

Last edited:

backwoodsmisfit

Aug 22, 2014
Ok thanks for all the help. Also how does one go about installing an s366 or 364 turbo. They clearly aren't drop in but I've yet to see a trace of anyone talking bout how they mount up on the lb7s

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Ok thanks for all the help. Also how does one go about installing an s366 or 364 turbo. They clearly aren't drop in but I've yet to see a trace of anyone talking bout how they mount up on the lb7s

Have you even done any research? There are literally 1000 threads on s300 instalation and reviews.

backwoodsmisfit

Aug 22, 2014
It's my DD I pull roughly 8k with it once a week 40 miles one way. I'm pretty much workin on my future plans now far as turbo, sticks and a built trans. 6-700hp would be the range I wanna be in

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Unless you plan on building the motor, I would suggest staying at or under 600hp. If you're never going to build the motor, I think 30 overs would work well. I agree with others if you want room to grow which would require a built motor, I'd definitely go to 60's or 100's.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
You can manage 650 on stock sticks but if you do 30 overs it's a little "easier" on the truck. The thing about thirties are they won't need to be flow tested you can send just the nozzles. Where as 100s would need the whole injector and bench tested. My 40 overs were 290 dollars when I got them. They have worked great on my set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB719

Aug 26, 2014
San Clemente, CA
I'm running the 30 over/ 64mm setup you are talking about, if you are looking to make around 600hp and have close to stock driveability then it is a good setup. Initially, I went with a 64mm IHI for emissions reasons (visual inspection) out here in communist California. Now that I am getting the truck registered in Colorado I wish that I would have gone with a S366 setup.