2nd gear coverter lockup

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
2nd gear converter lockup

I'm working on the TCM tune in my LLY. Raised the WOT shift points to 3400 RPM, set D5233 TCC Apply Slip Inhibit to Disable, and now playing with the TCC ramp rates. Right now the converter is locking on the 2-3 shift, but based on my logs it looks like it starts to apply right after the 1-2 shift but doesn't hit full duty cycle until after the 2-3 shift. I'm thinking I need to adjust the TCC On Ramp Rate table D5072 but I'm not sure how high I can safely set the values. Anyone have some guidance?

Last edited:

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
In my lly tcm I built off an 02 tcm file, just changed the slip inhibit to 1100 rpm. Depending on the OS you are using it may not like the slip inhibit disabled and you may need to do what I did.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
In my lly tcm I built off an 02 tcm file, just changed the slip inhibit to 1100 rpm. Depending on the OS you are using it may not like the slip inhibit disabled and you may need to do what I did.

Only 2001 os's don't have the capability to control slip limit. People say the 03 os is the best to run....I still will take my 01 flash for daily driving any day of the week...of course after it takes 3-4 days of driving to learn taps.

01s have a slow adapt process and are not as finicky as the other flashes.

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
I know, but certain os' don't like it when you just disable the slip inhibit versus just uping the slip limit, I tried it and it still wouldn't lock,changed the rpm and it worked perfectly. I'm not even making power :roflmao: Then again, my trans isn't that desirable in its current state.

I've tried the early 01 flash, shifts great but without tweaking it short shifted with the same tuning, I didnt like it as is. It's definitely the go-to, if/when the tcm tables are available for that flash.

I prefer my 02 tcm in my truck right now, flashed my brothers with the same file and seeing the same great results.

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
Not interested in swapping OS's....looking for an answer to my original question.

I know try doing what i told you and see if it works...like i said some os just don't react right to disabling the slip limit.

Enable slip inhibit again and change the slip limit from 600rpm to 1100rpm and see if that helps.

Hellen Keller sent this?

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just tried that. Same results, if not worse. On a WOT run from a standstill the ramp rate seems to be slower even using the same settings, and I'm not getting lockup until after the 2-3 shift. Punch it from a slow roll results in about the same as with slip limit option disabled.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Also, it seems to be wiping the learned shift times every time I flash the TCM. I was told to read out the existing calibration file, adjust, and reflash, so that's what I've been doing, but every time I reflash the TCM I get delayed upshifts and really firm downshifts again. Any way around this? I'm doing a cal only flash, would a full flash avoid this issue?