LLY: 26k psi at idle?

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
Just got done with my built motor and got it installed the truck. Fuel wise it's a 10mil pump, lds 45% injectors, brand new gm lbz regulator. The first issue we ran into was the truck would crank for 3 seconds and quit it did this over and over until we unplugged the engine harness and plugged it back in. Then we got the truck to crank until start. It instantly went to 26k psi rail pressure and had a cam sensor code. Anyone have any idea what would cause this?

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
That's the actual pressure the truck begins to lope after a second or two. I'm not sure if it's not getting the correct voltage to the regulator or if it might be a bad new regulator

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
You cam code was why it would only crank for a few seconds. It wasn't getting a signal from the sensor. If the cam sensor or crank sensor are unplugged it will only crank for a few seconds.

You prob have a couple issues with your engine harness.

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
We swapped the short harness from the main harness to fpr. I'm going to check the pins in the bale connectors after work. One thing we noticed was the plug for the harness was getting 11.5 volts isn't it supposed to be getting 5ish volts? Could I have something back feeding?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The fca runs on battery voltage, not 5 volts. One pin should have battery voltage present, the other is controlled to ground via the ecm to regulate pressure. Have you retuned for the lbz regulator yet? If not, start there provided you have power and ecm controlled ground to the regulator(real easy to tell if you do, does the regulator buzz/humm with the key on).

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
The truck is tuned for the lbz regulator. We even swapped the ecm to make sure that wasn't it. The regulator does buzz with the key on but not all the time. We have another harness I'm thinking it may be time to just swap out the harness and see if that resolves the issue

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
I had a modified lbz reg bad right out the gate. Pulled it and stuck a stock one in and was fine. Did the same as yours, went to 26k right at idle.

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
I think we found the issue we ran a straight 12 volts to the regulator and it brought the rail pressure down. So we're changing the harness out today since we had a known good one laying at the shop

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Just got done with my built motor and got it installed the truck. Fuel wise it's a 10mil pump, lds 45% injectors, brand new gm lbz regulator. The first issue we ran into was the truck would crank for 3 seconds and quit it did this over and over until we unplugged the engine harness and plugged it back in. Then we got the truck to crank until start. It instantly went to 26k psi rail pressure and had a cam sensor code. Anyone have any idea what would cause this?

that says alot about the issues you are having. i would be looking to make sure your pins are connecting correctly.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Backprobe with it running, and see what voltage you have at the regulator. It could also the ecm as the power goes from I believe the eng-1 fuse to the ecm, then back up to the fca.

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
I will check that tomorrow. I swapped the harness today n got no where going to try and get the schematics/pin diagrams for the truck side of the harness and check it out also.. if any of you all have these I'd greatly appriciate it if you could send them to [email protected]

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
OK so I've changed the entire harness, swapped ecms, Unpinned the ecm connector, checked voltage which is a 12 volts at the regulator still doing the same thing. One thing I noticed is if I unplug the connector nothing changes but when I plug it back in the rail pressure will drop down to 19,000ish psi and then right back up any ideas? Bad regulator? Bad pump maybe?