Question: 20x10 or 20x9 and what size tire? fitment?

lb7gmc

Feb 26, 2015
Alabama
alright question, so I'm trying to go aquire the stance and look that this guys beautiful truck has, the question I have is, I want to run nice 20x10 fuel hostages or hostage v2's probably that being said i still want a good aggressive middle ground tire (i guess A/T) so something thats gonna mostly be on the street but wen I take the truck out it can still tear around in the good stuff a little. My main thing is will it fit without rubbing my truck is the one with the grill gaurd(coming off) I can't tell if its got a level on it or not I need to get under it, wont be able to untill thursday,
images
<-----HIS
10995917_10204609518892532_614754104735434986_n.jpg

^^^^MINE
-anyways all that bs aside, 20x10 (maybe 20x9 how different is it?) and
-what size tire, (wide'ish and aggressive with good street abillity and off road abillity)
-if i needed to lift how much would i need too Ill upload a picture of what my other inspiration is of my MK1's 6.0 his sits real nice too.

So if anyone could help me out thatd be great or if anybody knows the owner of that truck and has contact info So i can ask what hes running.

Greatly Appreciated!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Go 20x10 your truck is def leveled.

I run a 285/55/20 toyo at2 load range "e" on mine with a 20x10 wheel.. And I'm lowered. You'll have no problems clearing that wheel and tire combo.

If you wanted a bigger tire you could go to a 305/55/20 which is what it looks like is on the first truck. Trimming is required but not a huge deal.

9ef3de1f6e86c62edd95ab92ee5f867f.jpg

That's my wheel and tire combo

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
The at2's are awesome on dirt, gravel, and pavement, but they really suck in snow and mud. 20x10's are going to require a fair amount of trimming on the rear of your fender, but they will look mean. To get that "mean" stance, you will also need fairly wide tires. 12.50 minimum. Hope that helps.:)

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
The at2's are awesome on dirt, gravel, and pavement, but they really suck in snow and mud. 20x10's are going to require a fair amount of trimming on the rear of your fender, but they will look mean. To get that "mean" stance, you will also need fairly wide tires. 12.50 minimum. Hope that helps.:)

I beg to differ... We have had snow the last two weeks and I haven't had a single problem running around with my truck. Getting another 3-6" today supposedly. This is the second set of toyo at2s I've owned and I'm a tire whore, I've never bought 2 sets of the same tires, and I've had a lot of tires.

But different trucks have different results. I will say that toyo wet traction is iffy, it's very easy to break them loose on wet pavement. Like stock tune and I have to pay attention to how hard I drive it lol.

That truck you posted in that link is sexual! But I don't understand why people buy $400 a piece wheels and put $100 a piece tires on them.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Love my Goodyear duratracs. Amazing in snow

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

lb7gmc

Feb 26, 2015
Alabama
some good stuff here that I'm seeing so fuel hostage v2's 20x10 with 285's 12.5's? thinking mayby bfg t/a ko2's?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
some good stuff here that I'm seeing so fuel hostage v2's 20x10 with 285's 12.5's? thinking mayby bfg t/a ko2's?

That will be a great combo. Be sitting down when you price the bfg though. I wanted a set until I priced them.

The duratrac is a great tire also, If I had been wanting something a little more aggressive then that's what I would have ran. I might do that next time.

lb7gmc

Feb 26, 2015
Alabama
@clrussell thats what i had on my last truck and have on this one are duratracs and i love the look of the tires they just rubbed a lot :/ trying not to have to do that on this truck :)

^^^^See that looks really good too alright heres what i have came up with I have the specs for two different versions of the wheel i want
they are both hostages the only things i believe is different is the offset so that being said how much difference will a -12 off set vs a -24 off set stick out anybody have pictures that i can compare too?

anywheres heres the specs on the wheels
Size | Bolt Pattern|Offset |BSM |Rating|Weight(lb)|Lip
20x10|8x6.5 -12 or -24|5 or 4.5|3500|43|3.19

Here are the actual too different part numbers too
-12 off set (D53120008250)
-24 off set (D53120008245)

Thanks for helpin out yall!:thumb:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I beg to differ... We have had snow the last two weeks and I haven't had a single problem running around with my truck. Getting another 3-6" today supposedly. This is the second set of toyo at2s I've owned and I'm a tire whore, I've never bought 2 sets of the same tires, and I've had a lot of tires.

But different trucks have different results. I will say that toyo wet traction is iffy, it's very easy to break them loose on wet pavement. Like stock tune and I have to pay attention to how hard I drive it lol.

That truck you posted in that link is sexual! But I don't understand why people buy $400 a piece wheels and put $100 a piece tires on them.

Get a set of duratracs and then see how your toyos are on ice.... I'm definitely going back to duratracs.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I've had duratracs and loved them!

Do you think they are better on ice than the toyos? I siped the toyos and it made a little bit of a difference, but they are nowhere near the grip if the duratrac.

Op, if you are worried about rubbing then the 20x10 is not for you..... unless you have good skills with a Sawzall. :D

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Do you think they are better on ice than the toyos? I siped the toyos and it made a little bit of a difference, but they are nowhere near the grip if the duratrac.

Op, if you are worried about rubbing then the 20x10 is not for you..... unless you have good skills with a Sawzall. :D

Honestly it was a different truck that I had the duratracs on. Im sure they had better traction all around, and were surprisingly quiet.

My toyos do great for my application. However I really considered duratracs when I bought these. Ended up being I wanted a lesser aggressive looking tire.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I've ran at2 on a few different vehicles and now I'm running the duratracs on my truck.

The duratracs win in pretty much every category. The toyos didn't let me down in snow but ice is a different story. I also will not buy another toyo because the last few sets I've seen were made in China!

I also hate the bfg tire. It's worse than the toyo in slippery conditions.

Only other tire I would try now is the new nitto exograppler. That and the duratrac are the only two tires you can get this size that are three peak winter approved.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thunderwood

Apr 5, 2014
Warrensburg, MO / North AR
To say Clrussell is a tire whore is an under-statement! Every time I see the guy he has a different wheel and tire combo, but I guess that's one of the perks of working where he does. Not to mention he always has a nice arsenal of rigs to try different things on!

Segan Underwood

2006 GMC CCSB LBZ
Built trans
DP 72vgt
100% II injectors
10mm stroker cp3
ARP head studs
PRO-FAB manifolds, up-pipes,Y-bridge, and boost tubes.
SDP 3" downpipe
5 inch MBRP exhaust
Traction Bars
PPE guages
EFI LIVE by Mark Broviak @ DP

lb7gmc

Feb 26, 2015
Alabama
ok so i had to change the bfg n2's aren't available for the size i want to run and the rims and ya so everything all said and done its going to be somewhere around 3grand but im doing 20x10's on the fuel hostage wheels -12 off set, and gonna be doing 285s on the terra grappler g2's pretty much final decision wen truck gets out here from colorado tomorrow night then will be adding them in about a week and a half because of shipping. but this is pretty much what the combo will look like more pics to come! thank yall for all the help! those are 35s in the pic though but you get the jist once on the truck ill show pics!
20x10-fuel-hostage-d531-black-wheel-rim-35x12.50r20-nitto-terra-grappler-g2-1.jpg

lb7gmc

Feb 26, 2015
Alabama
Well its not official yet but I think -12 is gonna be enough but I'm going to have it test fitted with a -24 too

that lb7gmc guy "Semper Paratus"