2020 hd

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I hear the same shit every time they redesign the body. Then they hit the dealers lots in different colors. People get a better look and add wheels and Etc. People start to like them a lot more. Moving the mirrors without adding more glass to the window seems stupid. I do really like the steps at the front of the bed, although it’s probably not going to be very useful without scratching at the side of your truck. I will be surprised if they open the wheel wells up anymore. You can already get a 34” tires on a 2015+ truck without cranking it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Looks like they took away the square wheel wells. Possibly to fit bigger tires stock.

What does the shape have to do with what size tire you can fit? I see that comment all the time, and I've never understood it.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Someone else’s rendition of an updated front end. I like this more. Looks more early 80’s. This I would buy.
5e5ab116bdaa8a5181a7f90e5a5be15e.jpg

Put the signal lights in the bumper like the ‘81 and it would be the nicest looking truck since the classic imo.

That absolutely sucks.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I always loved my 01-10 trucks and had two 15.5 Denali’s and 17 High Country but after being in a Friends 18 Platinum I couldn’t believe how much nicer it was then my truck. The interior is huge beautiful and solid. They feel twice as roomy inside. The power is great stock with zero lag and 550-600hp is just a tune and race pipe away. It also rides just fine. I’ll still buy older Duramax’s but I won’t be buying a new GM truck for quite a long time. I never thought id say it but couldn’t be happier with Ford.

I agree 100%. I'd like to upgrade and was waiting for the 2020 but now that I see this, I hate the headlights and the mirrors. And if they make the cab the same size as the 1500 they're still gonna be smaller than the fords. The platinum interior with moon roof is amazing. I have also been surprised how easy the 6.7 is to work on for as bad as it looks with the hood open.

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
I always loved my 01-10 trucks and had two 15.5 Denali’s and 17 High Country but after being in a Friends 18 Platinum I couldn’t believe how much nicer it was then my truck. The interior is huge beautiful and solid. They feel twice as roomy inside. The power is great stock with zero lag and 550-600hp is just a tune and race pipe away. It also rides just fine. I’ll still buy older Duramax’s but I won’t be buying a new GM truck for quite a long time. I never thought id say it but couldn’t be happier with Ford.

how do they hold up to upgrading them and building the trans and what not?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
The step on the front or bumper does you no good unless you're 8ft tall. I dont see why they keep making these box sides so damn tall. It's pretty bad when many of these newer trucks cant pull 5th wheel campers. I do give gm kudos. That hood is F'ing sweet.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
This rendering makes it look a little better...

The bowtie on the grill cross bar and horizontal grill.

IMG_5168.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5168.JPG
    IMG_5168.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 169

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
The step on the front or bumper does you no good unless you're 8ft tall. I dont see why they keep making these box sides so damn tall. It's pretty bad when many of these newer trucks cant pull 5th wheel campers. I do give gm kudos. That hood is F'ing sweet.
I do wish they'd stop making the beds so tall that you need a step to do anything, but if you're going to make it that tall, might as well have a step.

Though even with a step, it restricts you to lighter stuff. I am able to grab 40-lb bags of ice-melt over my bed sides just fine, but trying to manipulate something that heavy (or heavier, like concrete mix) while standing on one foot in the step doesn't sound fun. Though I am reasonably sure 95% of new truck buyers won't ever actually do any work with their trucks.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Yea I’m 6’3 and absolutely can’t stand how tall the bed sides are on the ‘17
As a work truck they are to high and hope to one day just flatbed it
Personal truck I’d just get a cover for it :thumb: