2015 LML regening non stop

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Lease ran out on my F250 company truck this week and I ended with their first owned truck, 2015 GMC Sierra work turd, it's got 145k miles and 6900 engine hours.

Gets 9 mpg and has been regening for 100 miles and I left it run in the driveway for an hour after running the absolute dog piss out of it on the way home and it finally stopped regening, it smoked and would gain and lose power. Has a bit of blowby, so would rerouting the PCV help with the Regen some or is it just junk?

Last edited:

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Letting it sit and idle in the driveway for an hour will only make matters worse. The trucks will not continue a regen while parked. They will however idle down after a bit of idling if they are in the middle of a regen, but that doesn’t mean it’s over. It will idle back up and continue the regen once you start driving it again.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
It idled at 850-900 rpms for that time, when it idled down to 700 I shut it down, it regened all day today, left it run til it idled down again.
Rerouted the PCV (well, just cut the hose and plugged the mouthpiece), has a fair amount of blowby but not much oil in the line, I'm going to hook the 35 ft gooseneck up in the morning and run the guts out of it, if that doesn't help then I'm going to see if they'll modify the exhaust system for maximum efficiency. I have an autocal already, just needs unlocked.