2014 lml no start intermittent

notalent

Oct 24, 2013
truck is a 2014 GMC LML 3500 hd base model crew cab (4 FULL DOORS) with power locks and power windows but vinyl floors etc.

Has anyone ever dealt with this before or seen this.

I have read and read and read about this and tried everything I've seen, read and even some stuff no one suggested so now I'm asking for advice.

I know a no start on the LML's isn't a new thing I've seen it a couple times and fixed a couple but this one is making zero sense.

So here is the problem:

random no crank no start, cluster will light up and all accessories will power up communication with ecm, tcm, bcm and security module are all good via a scan tool. zero codes. truck will go two or three days perfectly then not start for a week, leave it sit and don't do a thing to it and try to fire it up in a day or two and it'll fire up and be totally normal until it gets mad again.

what has been tried:

swapped the following:

ecm, tcm and security module as well as programmed new key, ignition switch "box" in column

replaced:

key, all relays, any fuses with any carbon or were questionable, diode on rear of harness, shut down security on ecm via EFI LIVE.

clean under fuse box and all connectors to main wiring harness (fuse box didn't look bad on bottom side but cleaned it none the less) chased all grounds and cleaned them and ohm'd out grounds and powers into ecm and tcm to made sure didn't have broken wire or loose pin in a connector or corrosion to the ground connection on the body or engine. have checked the harness for rub marks under cab and on chassis to ensure it wasn't grounding a circuit there as per the GM TSB's

anyone have any input on this?

any input is greatly appreciated.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Check the wiring really really closely going to the back of the truck. Wires going to the sending unit and the trailer brake system.

Had a recent problem like this and found 2 wires rub through and create a no start Condition on a 2011 lml

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
Any update with this? We have had the same issue. We drove 2 hours to the truck to put new batteries in (my sister drives it) got there and fired right up. Both batteries test out good.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
For anyone else with this intermittent issue , could the Neutral safety switch be the problem ? I have heard of different weather conditions affecting them off and on !