2013 LML sluggish and low throttle response

Duranali

Jun 8, 2014
I bought the truck new in January and have had the complaint from day one. Installed an Edge CTS programmer hoping that my stock tune was bad, but still have the same issue. The overall power seems ok, but when I put it to the floor from a dead stop, it's like you didn't even do anything for about 2 full seconds, then it slams you pretty good. Don't pull out in traffic and expect to get out of the way. You'll get your ass run over. If I floor it while cruising, it's like you totally let off of the accelerator for 2 seconds, then picks up pretty good. You can hear the engine make some sort of nasty gargley sound before finally catching up. Basically, the truck has an overall feeling of sluggishness unless you totally get on it everywhere you go. The truck also makes some kind of buzzing sound when accelerating, especially when cold. There are 2 places that I can get fuel that seems to give the truck much better response and performance. Unfortunately, these places aren't near my home and I've tried many other fuel stations. It has no codes so the dealer won't do anything about it. Please HELP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Have you tried having it flashed to the latest stock calibration from GM? Installing a tune to fix an issue like this is very counterproductive. If you have an issue, fix it BEFORE putting a tune on. It sounds like you are experiencing dead pedal which many have had. Hoepfully somebody lese with more LML experience can help you out as they are greek to me(for now).

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
That's called dead pedal! It's the way the LML's are from the factory. The only way to get better throttle response is with custom programming like EfiLive.:thumb:

Duranali

Jun 8, 2014
It's not just dead pedal. My old 5.3 gas burner out performs this thing. No reason to own a diesel if this is what you get. I think there is a faulty sensor or computer program that's controlling the fuel injection system. Seems like the truck is always running cold. Coolant temp sensor reads normal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk