2012 LML no start issue

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Have a 2012 LML was working fine. Went to restart after a few hours and nothing. Everything works, windows, lights, etc. I can turn the key on and jump the starter relay and it will start and run. Went to read codes with EFI Live and a code reader and it will not connect to the truck. Going to check for shorted wires but not sure what else to check. All fuses are good.

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010
Now you're getting into questions I don't know. Maybe someone else can chime in. I do know I had that problem where the dash lights would work properly but no start. I did have the engine trouble light come on though. I tries on kinds of things and finally had to take the truck into GMC to have a new BCM installed. You can't do it by yourself unless you have the tech tools and license to program it. After replacing i have hd no issues. There is plenty info on the problems with the ignition switch and the wiring as well. If the ignition switch doesn't read your key it will not start.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
bac5cc7532ee46b3ecf55b259f39e951.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Was there any evidence of a nest around it? Or was it just plain old dumb luck?

Nope I think the dog was trying to get something that climbed under the hood

Mmmm. Something was hungry...:rofl:

Seriously though, at least your able to figure it out yourself. A normal guy would be ****ed... Haha

Yea I couldn’t imagine how many hours it would have took to find.