2011 lml Duramax overfueling

Hometowngammon

Feb 18, 2022
Ok please bear with me this is going to be lengthy truck is a 2011 lml stock with dpf deleted truck ran great after delete 4 yrs ago one night it started smoking real bad and running like bad turned around and drove it home long story short it blew the engine washed cylinder
2 yrs later put in a used 36000 mile moter stock with dpf deleted truck runs little rough at idle and smoother going down the road when truck reaches 130 degrees it will smoke so bad it will hide the shop and runs super bad cools off back to normal so took injectors out and had them tested by both certified shop ended up with new remains installed in truck and it changed at idle cold rang good a little rough after 130 smoked and hide the shop the difference was if I put it in gear be forward or reverse it stopped smoking with a little roughness so what I did was unplug the temp sensor and ran it under my dash so it would not never reach 130 truck runs good no smoke but startes good so on then next morning hard start found filter housing leaking but changed nothing with the way it runs my question is what changes at 130 degrees to make it fuel difference now both moter did this nothing is the same including ecm had stealership install new one and then had it turned for dpf delete I might be leaving some steps out but now it is throwing a code for number 3 control circuit truck just feels agree and rough and it's not right what am I missing

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
or possibly EGR or air intake valve being active at 130 ect? kind of hard to know without knowing what was done in the tuning. but since its the same tuning that previously ran well I'd suspect a temp sensor failure

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Aren’t you supposed to unplug the egr’s and intake valve on a tuned LML or does efi live take care of that now?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Aren’t you supposed to unplug the egr’s and intake valve on a tuned LML or does efi live take care of that now?
I thought exhaust pressure could still push it open even when unplugged so it's recommended to block it

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
It does sound like the symptoms that come up if someone leaves their egr valve and egr cooler bypass valve plugged in after exhaust removal

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Hometowngammon

Feb 18, 2022
Ok sorry been busy i thought egr too but it is raw fuel and i simple unhooked egr before it evan got hot still same issue plus egr came on this engine out of a perfectly running truck as for the tune i get mixed answer old motor had a radical tune when it washed out the cylinder the ecm is new it was suppose to be programed per vin then installed from dealership and then went to the local tuner guy to have the dpf tuned out and it is suppose to be just a light tow tune but i am not sure if dealership programed by vin or old ecm bc old ecm was running truck with no codes just dumping fuel same as now and at high rpms or when in gear no smoke or cammed truck so to speak

Hometowngammon

Feb 18, 2022
It was tuned at a different shop i will try to see what i can do about putting stock tune back in but just bc i am going crazy with it what hard parts would cause this if it is to many to list i understand i know that it would be hard to pin point it like it is but i am lost with what hard parts wod cause this we have done and checked alot and in my gut i think it is tuning but i answer to someone else a test stock ecm would be nice lol