2011 F150 3.5L EcoBoost with high miles

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
5 inch straight pipe and mud tires isn’t enough to drown out a crying kid. 1500w stereo does a decent job though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
5 inch straight pipe and mud tires isn’t enough to drown out a crying kid. 1500w stereo does a decent job though.

See you have more experience than me:roflmao: I better step my stereo game up when I have a kid I’m still on stock bose with 500w running to a 12”

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I’m gonna our a solobaric 8” under the rear seat. Maybe some 35s on it eventually. I may start with a tune. But it runs great as is. Kinda wanna focus on the 6.2 right now ie banks turbo and rust removal. Maybe a nv4500 swap in the future

Tjmaxx

Jun 7, 2014
I currently have a 2012 eco boost xlt chrome package with 95k miles. I previously had a 2008 f350 6.4 that I sold a few years ago. The only thing I’m not happy with is towing my 27’ snowmobile trailer. The wind seems to move the truck around more than my old truck. Other than the fact that I miss having a diesel.

How do you feel your eco boost compares in towing and power? I’ve been eyeing up an 05 lly with 110k miles. I think it’s stock. Wondering how it would do compared to my eco boost for daily driving and towing? I know the Ford has a much larger backseat.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I miss my duramax. Bad. Of course the ecoboost is pretty freaking amazing. But my lb7 was a built trans tuned truck. One of the fastest in the county. I miss it like hell. But the ecoboost is really nice. Like the fuel price lol but as far as power and fuel economy, neither compare to my lb7. But it was far from stock.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Update. Just changed the oil to mobil 1 high mileage fill authentic. Got it for $19.98 for 5 gallons. Plus an extended performance Mobil 1 filter. Changed the plugs to sp534 gapped at .30. And changed the filter to an stp high performance air filter. So cr I like the truck. Much more fancy

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I miss my duramax. Bad. Of course the ecoboost is pretty freaking amazing. But my lb7 was a built trans tuned truck. One of the fastest in the county. I miss it like hell. But the ecoboost is really nice. Like the fuel price lol but as far as power and fuel economy, neither compare to my lb7. But it was far from stock.

I feel pretty much the same way. I miss my 02 LB7. Sure, this F150 is nicely loaded, huge interior, and overall nice truck, but man my built-trans & tuned LB7 was just plain fun and got every bit as good of fuel mileage. Although, by now I'd be dipping into the 15mpg realm with winter fuel in my LB7 whereas I'm steady at 17.5-18.5 with the ecoboost.

What I really am jonesing for is an ecoDIESEL but I doubt it'll happen. What I really need to do is just get my 83 done. If I can get it going, I'd probably sell the ecoboost, get an economy car to commute back & forth to work and put the extra towards a toy - really been wanting a square body race truck. Not even sure it'd be diesel/duramax. Kinda have a hankering for a turbo junkyard LS. :D

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
It’s official guys. A month into it and I’m ready to get rid of it. It’s a heck of a nice truck but dang it I miss my diesel. Gotta few options tho. The lot still has my old truck and never put it up for sale. Maybe buy it back? Or trade my dad for his deleted regular cab 6.7 Cummins with a built trans. But it’s an st so no power anything... or a buddy has an 02 Sierra ccsb with black leather and 280k ish he’d sell me for 8 grand but needs injectors.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Lol didn't you need more cab space? So your old truck and dad's seem not an option really...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Lol didn't you need more cab space? So your old truck and dad's seem not an option really...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

i dont think hes made a rational decision since he joined here. i mean, we tried talking sense into him many times about bills, selling his truck, what parts to replace, etc and poor zack has to learn the hard way each time :D

Sorry Zack, just had to :roflmao: :hug:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
$8K is too steep for an 02 with that many miles, especially needing injectors. No way its worth that. If it is, the diesel market is waaay too high in your area. :D

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
It’s official guys. A month into it and I’m ready to get rid of it. It’s a heck of a nice truck but dang it I miss my diesel. Gotta few options tho. The lot still has my old truck and never put it up for sale. Maybe buy it back? Or trade my dad for his deleted regular cab 6.7 Cummins with a built trans. But it’s an st so no power anything... or a buddy has an 02 Sierra ccsb with black leather and 280k ish he’d sell me for 8 grand but needs injectors.

What don't you like about it? With an infant and talks of putting another one in the oven I've been contemplating getting rid of my EC LLY and getting one. I tow a 22' bay boat about 80 miles almost every weekend. I like having the LLY as over kill it's nice to just set the cruise and have drama free towing but if the Eco can do 80% as good I'd be happy with it. We have some newer F150s at work with the 5.0 and they drive damn nice.

Last edited:

Firefightkev

May 30, 2014
Central Florida
I just got a 2017 f150 ecoboost 2.7 crew cab. I am kinda impressed with the fuel mileage and the back seats are huge! I haven't towed with it yet but i still have my lbz so im not to worried.

LML6600DMAX

Dec 9, 2015
What don't you like about it? With an infant and talks of putting one in the oven I've been complicating getting rid of my EC LLY and getting one. I tow a 22' bay boat about 80 miles almost every weekend. I like having the LLY as over kill it's nice to just set the cruise and have drama free towing but if the Eco can do 80% as good I'd be happy with it. We have some newer F150s at work with the 5.0 and they drive damn nice.

My dads got a 15 with the 3.5 eco and it tows his 21ft center console fine. It’s a real nice truck and I like all the interior room.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
No offense taken James lol but the eco is really a nice truck. Just packing the power and economy my lb7 got. I don’t really regret getting rid of that truck and the cab space is great. Just don’t like getting 18mpg in the highway and 15 City and 13 towing a four wheeler. The lack of power compared to my duramax would be different if it got the same mileage. But doesn’t. And I miss the punch of the Diesel. My dad likes the ford and the only reason I considered the dodge was because it’d help him out. Don’t get me wrong I like the ford it’s just not my thing. I tried the gasser life. I do not like the gasser life. I guess I’ll be keeping my eye open for an LLY-lmm gmc ccsb.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
And Mitch that’s honestly about right for here. Truck is really nice and not rusty. But I’m gonna pass either way. With good injectors someone would ask 11-13k here. Can’t fond a 4x4 duramax especially not a crew cab for much less. Heck there’s an 01 ccsb Chevy with 350k for around 10 grand on Craigslist.

Tjmaxx

Jun 7, 2014
I tow a 30’ enclosed snowmobile trailer loaded weighs around 5k pounds with my eco boost and it does it decent. I wouldn’t be worried about a boat. Only concern I have is cross wind and winter weather conditions. I’d be more comfortable in a heavier truck.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Why do all EcoBoost Fords smell like rotten eggs?

Doesn’t matter if it’s an Escape or SHO Taurus. The exhaust is nauseating when any decent amount of throttle is applied. I hate being behind one going up a hill and then seeing that puff of grayish smoke come out. I immediately put my windows down so the smell doesn’t get trapped. Unburned diesel smells like perfume compared to an EcoBoost.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
What's your budget for another truck?

I know of a crew cab LBZ for sale.

I saw the truck you posted yesterday. I’m really looking for a GMC because I don’t much care for the Cat eye Chevrolets. That’s a heck of a deal for LBZ for sure. I’m not sure what my budget is yet because I need to figure out what’s going to happen to this Ford first. I just looked at my buddies 02 GMC that I talked about earlier. It’s a really nice truck it’s fully loaded. The local at light is on because a hose was rotted and blew off. And it needs injectors. Both of those things make me very nervous but for my area 8000 is about the right price for that truck. I know that sad to say but I can’t find anything sub $10,000 that doesn’t need a crap ton of work. I don’t know whether I’m gonna pass on it or not. Most likely I am because I want something LLY or newer. Really would love to have a black LLY or LMM crew cab short bed