2009 GMC LMM coolant loss questions?

JaMan

Jul 3, 2017
McDade Tx
I have a 2009 GMC 2500 LMM and I'm experiencing a coolant loss.
Last weekend I towed 18k for about 250 miles and it loss about 8 to 10 oz and it ran warmer than I would like about 235* and 244 tops it quickly cools back down to 210 ish range when you slow down but while running down the road it ran warm.
There isn't any pressure in the coolant and when the truck is shut down and cools off it actually sucks the upper hose down. No coolant in the water or vise versa and there is a slight coolant smell on the passenger side but no visual sign of a leak. the truck has 210k on it and is tuned and has an egr cooler delete. It loss coolant before the cooler delete. has anyone experienced this and where to look? IV only had the truck for about 8000 miles and of course the previous owner has no clue what's going on he never had this problem. Water pump maybe?

Jared

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Could just be burping it out from running so warm. I'd try cleaning the radiator out really well. Need to remove the grill, and the fan shroud and fan and wash from both sides to do this correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Cap needs to be cleaned or replaced, too. The upper hose collapsing is classic sign of that.